GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I joined the Darkside last year. Back then I could not find a shop to mount my CT on a MC wheel. I mounted the tire onto the wheel in my driveway and damaged the bead of the tire in the process. It seemed fine for about 11k miles until I got a flat (leaking between the bead and wheel). Thank God I got a runflat tire and was able to ride 60+ miles on the flat to get home. I plan on replacing the Kumho 195\55 RF 16 Ecsta Spt tire with the same tire. This time I would like to have it professionally mounted on the wheel to avoid the same damage. Anyone know of a shop in Southern California, San Bernardino area who will mount a CT onto a MC wheel.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Take, off the bike, to any shop that puts big bling bling chrome rims on cars. A lot of the chains, like NTB or Discount tire will also do it, off the bike. Just tell them it's off a specialty vehicle, or a trike or a wagon on your farm or :shrug:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
You might try taking it to a Walmart!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Gee, SOCAL is a very big area... it would be helpful to better detail your location.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
When I asked my local Honda dealer to mount mine, he said no. Then I said I would buy a new Bridgestone from him for the front, if he would also mount my Kumho on the rear if I brought in the wheels already off the bike........Bingo

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My Honda dealer will mount a CT as well as a couple of independent shops. Haven't tried a Walmart but heard they will mount a CT if the rim is off the bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last year when I attempted to have the CT mounted on the Wing wheel I left the bike home and carried the wheel and tire to Highland Cycles, and Honda Yamaha of Redlands both cited liability issues and refused to mount it even as a carry out. I even offered to sign a waiver...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your help.. I called a major tire/auto repair chain and ordered the tire. I carried the wheel there and told them is was for a trike. They mounted the tire onto the wheel and even put in 4oz of dyna beads i supplied. Back on the road again...:thumbup:

I will need a front tire soon thinking about doing the Double Dark side thing now....

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: glad you found someone to mount it for you!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Glad it worked out for you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts