GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a GOPRO hero 3 black edition camera. Has anyone found a good place to mount a camera on the bike itself, not really wanting to do a helmet mount

or if you have seen one mounted in a good place

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I mounted mine upside down under the headlights

·
Registered
762 Posts
I want to give that a try this summer. In the past I've used the suction cup to mount my Hero2 to the fairing just above the HONDA logo. I get a lot of questions, but when I grab the mount and shove it back and forth, rocking the bike, they can see why it's never fallen off. The fairing mount results in a lot of vibration though.

For a rear view, I mount the suction cup to the spoiler. Just be sure to clean the fairing/spoiler and the surface of the suction cup and you should have no problems with your GoPro disappearing during a ride.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Might sound like a stupid question... how do you get it turned back up to watch it without standing on your head or turning the flippin' computer over?
thecruiser

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Might sound like a stupid question... how do you get it turned back up to watch it without standing on your head or turning the flippin' computer over?
thecruiser

There is a setting on the camera that lets the camera know it is mounted upside down.......setting that correctly makes it record "right side up".

If you forget that, the GoPro video software (which I dont' use) will let you flip it over, as will other software editing programs, such as Vegas Pro and others.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
There is a setting on the camera that lets the camera know it is mounted upside down.......setting that correctly makes it record "right side up".

If you forget that, the GoPro video software (which I dont' use) will let you flip it over, as will other software editing programs, such as Vegas Pro and others.
Aaaah, very helpful...
Thanks.
thecruiser

1 - 7 of 7 Posts