GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new to me Hartco seat [I think a Pro Tour]. It looks physically much larger than my stock saddle and I can't get it on properly.

When I slide it on with the passengers backrest in place the steel tongue doesn't catch right and the seat is an inch too far back and knocking the side panels off]

Do I have to remove the passenger's back rest to get enough room ? If so what is the easist way to remove it ?

TIA

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Two screws located on the inside front trunk wall need to be removed,then the passenger back rest slides up. It should make it easier.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Man. I figured that out AFTER I took out all 147 screws that hold on the inner trunk lid. I was trying to pull forward without lifting up.

With the passenger backrest off, the seat mounted up fine and everything went back together OK including the side covers.

·
Chard Member
12,965 Posts
Bobb Todd said:
I figured that out AFTER I took out all 147 screws that hold on the inner trunk lid.
Don't lie! :? There can't be more than 146 screws securing the inner trunk lid liner! LOL....

Enjoy the Hartco. :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
hartco

---Bobtodd. If you would. Let me know how you like that pro tour. I'am really considering that one! Thank's. David 8)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know how you like that pro tour.
I can only tell you what I think from sitting on it in the garage.

It sits me farther back [which I don't need] but it seems a lot firmer [this is good] and a little more bucket shaped than stock.

It was built for a 5' 10" 175 lb person and I am only 5'8" and 160. Backrest seems to provide good support.

I'm heading south on a 2k mile run this weekend and can provide better feedback after I use it for 15 hours in a row.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts