GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have the option of mounting my Zumo 660 until I master the navigation system. I am looking for ideas how I can mount it.

Mike

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts
Since your bike is a DCT, I would look at mounting it on the left handlebar. There is a plastic trim piece that is held in place with one screw. Remove that screw and there will be space on the handlebar were you can attach a RAM ball mount clamp. From there, it should be easy to attach your 660 using the RAM double socket arm if you have a RAM ball attached to the back of the mounting cradle for the 660.

:doorag:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am in the process of buying the bike so just getting my list of wants. I will get the CB module so don't the CB control's mount there?

Thanks
Arkelin

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Thanks. I am in the process of buying the bike so just getting my list of wants. I will get the CB module so don't the CB control's mount there?

Thanks
Arkelin

Yes.
You can put a ram ball on the front brake clamping bolts too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
As you're getting the CB, you could either mount it on the right side (unless you're getting a cup holder) or you can use this to mount it on the handlebar:

Handlebar RAM mount

·
Registered
236 Posts
Since your bike is a DCT, I would look at mounting it on the left handlebar. There is a plastic trim piece that is held in place with one screw. Remove that screw and there will be space on the handlebar were you can attach a RAM ball mount clamp. From there, it should be easy to attach your 660 using the RAM double socket arm if you have a RAM ball attached to the back of the mounting cradle for the 660.

:doorag:
The plastic trim piece covering where the normal 2 bolts for the clutch lever ram ball mount is? I have never tried to take that cover off. I saw Goldstrike has a ball mount there but ideally would like to add a dual ball mount ram mount like I had on my old bike. So if I take the plastic cover off there is a single bolt there? Does ram make a specific left handlebar dct bar mount yet that goes to that single bolt since most of the clutch perch mount kits have 2 bolts?

Any threads or videos on doing that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I want to have the option of mounting my Zumo 660 until I master the navigation system. I am looking for ideas how I can mount it.

Mike
Mike, I also have a Zumo that I like more than the Honda gps, however, with Apple Play, I’m using my Waze APP for maps. I put the Zumo in my pickup, since I’ve already spent that money and hate to waste it. Good luck on your new purchase!

·
Registered
470 Posts
He's getting the CB. None of the options that replace the spacer on the left handlebar will work.

Reactions: INTHEWIND

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very nice!

Does anyone know if there is a dual ram ball option available like this one: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ram-mounts-brake-clutch-base

Or perhaps you could get the u-bolt mounting of the standard one ball mount to work with that dual ball mount?

Looks pretty simple and that people are just removing the plastic cover and mounting the u-bolt ram collar where the cover used to be?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts