GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any ideas? I'm thinking that the dash would be the best place for it. Or would it be better to place it on the handlebars?

I looked on the internet briefly but didn't find anything. So if any of you Gurus have any ideas or experience I sure would appreciate the sharing of that knowledge. :)

Thanks a bunch!
Mike

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I use Rammounts and mount mine on the top of the left engine guard. Handlebars would be a little better for sure, but an interesting perspective from the guard. And, I don't like shooting through the windshield. If I wish to do so, however, I can easily mount it on the handlebars and shoot from there also.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sammis,Wingnutzz

What length arm are ya'll using?

Thanks a lot for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike

·
Registered
252 Posts
Camera Mount

Mike,

The QREMM-SL quick release mount can be mounted on your handlebars or, using the RAM -238U U-bolt base can be attached to the engine guard for some very cool video.

I find that THE 1 3/4 Inch arm reduces the vibration a hair more than the 3" arm.

I am an authorized RAM dealer and will be glad to help get your camera mounted.

Here is a picture of my video camera mounted on the QREMM-SL. The QREMM-SL has a safety latch that prevents your camera from accidently falling off.

Please call me if you need additional information or advise.

I was in the video production business for 15 years and would be glad to share my experiences.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Mike - I decided I wanted to keep my camcorder in the trunk and connect it to a remote button that I have mounted on my left reservoir on the handlebars. I have a Chasecam bullet cam mounted permanently below my left mirror on a modified mirror wing that I made, so I avoid having to shoot through a front windshield.

A number of other benefits:

My Camcorder is always protected and secure inside my rear trunk,

I don't have a balky camcorder in my way while I am riding my Wing and paying attention to my controls and the road.

The remote is close to my left hand where I can turn on and off the camcorder, along with starting the recording and stopping the recording, thus reducing the hassle of trying to manipulate the camcorder's controls.

The remote has a small light that tells me exactly what is going on with the Camcorder's operation (on/off/record/non-recording) along with the battery is low and the tap is at the end.

The fact that it is safer and easier to control while riding, plus my camcorder is protected in the trunk are the biggest advantages.

DaleC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts