GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Mini-Mate and the PO has a homemade bracket to hold a small cooler using bunji cords.

How do you mount your after market cooler to your trailer?
Ever worry about theft?

Thanks

Marc

·
Registered
935 Posts
Here's the mount on a CSC trailer. Never really worried about theft - if they need food that bad they can have it!! The cooler.... well that can be replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
An Aluma comes with a cooler platform already mounted; brackets (2 places) are similar to the one that tourit provided; trailer stand is a part of the front bracket structure.

The two brackets are then tied together with a handle-shaped brace on both sides; that brace is used to loop a ~30" bungee on each side; tying to the handles on the cooler body.

The only worry about the cooler isn't from humans... :22yikes:

One of the reasons why I use a $30 Coleman cooler - if stolen, a replacement is only at the nearest big box store.

·
Registered
340 Posts
out-a-sight

Carry it inside the trailer. Stays clean, cool and secure.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,101 Posts
Carry it inside the trailer. Stays clean, cool and secure.
That's what I do. My cooler weighed 65lbs on my last trip and I don't want that much weigh on the tongue of the trailer. I use a soft cooler and place it over the axles of the trailer. The soft cooler packs nicely inside of the trailer and being inside of the trailer and more insulated and out of the sun, the ice lasts for a long time.

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/polar-bear-coolers/red-48-pack-polar-bear-coolers.html

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. The issue with putting it inside the Mini-Mate is that the doorway is very small and it would make getting anything out of the cooler midday almost impossible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts