GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Darkside thread, a conversation deals with locations across our country which mounts car tires on our scooters.

Just thought I'd give a quick shout out to Jack's Muffler and Tire, located in Gallatin (MO), roughly 60 miles north of Kansas City MO.

They are a motorcycling family who race their bikes frequently, and are well aware of the Darksider's desire in running fat car tires on our steel stallions.

They mounted my Yokohama several years ago without any issues and I've had zero issues with it ever since. Even though they are a two day ride for me, I'd gladly ride back and drop off my '05 for a new rear tire replacement without hesitation. Plus, it will provide me in seeing good friends and eating some mighty fine Amish food in the area!

Jack's Muffler & Tire is located at 116 N. Market Street, Gallatin MO and can be contacted by calling (660) 663-3006.

Jack's Muffler & Tire Google Earth map link...

My Yoko has nearly 35K on it and other than age, still ready to rip up some Arizona canyons and mountains.

- David

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm guessing you're also missing good BBQ or a tenderloin sandwich?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I check the tread on my OEM tire everyday, looking/hopng for it to be worn out so I can get my Michelin strapped on. Tire is on the shelf, wheel stand is ready, No-Mar tool is cleaned and hung with care, wheel weights are polished, 19mm socket is standing next to the breaker bar. Ohhhh, I am so ready. Maybe only a couple thousand miles to go. Just don't want usable tire tread to go to waste.

Tire.jpg

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing you're also missing good BBQ or a tenderloin sandwich?
More than you can even imagine! On the upside, I am having NO issue at all in fulfilling my "needs" for REAL Southwest Sonoran Mexican food here in Arizona!

Miss riding with you, my friend!

- David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts