GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Aren't those supposed to be as low as possible.... attracting the gremlins to get to the bell and then fall off and onto the road? You are just asking for trouble with the fork having hanging above it.... superstitiously speaking, of course.

I may be wrong, but I think a couple other "gremlin bell" characteristics include "you cannot buy it yourself, someone must give it to you" and "the bell must never change bikes, a new bike = a new bell". My sister gave me one for my 2002 and I moved it to my 2006. Talk about "gremlins"..... If Honda ever made a "lemon Goldwing" that 2006 was it. I was often chasing gremlins to get something electrical working again by finding what connector I had to unplug, clean up, and plug back in. The bell stayed with it when I sold it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
A gremlin bell needs to be near the road surface in order to work. The gremlins emerge from the road to attack your bike. The bell sacres them away.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If that bell was on my bike the road surface would quickly grind it off.

Yup...on my 2018, it's mounted with a zip tie in the underbelly grooves forward of the exhaust....it is all ground to chit.

Reactions: Art H.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My wife gave me my latest Gremlin Bell complete with Eagle, Globe and Anchor. (Ooh Rah!)
It had a key chain hoop on it, so I used that to mount it to my front-left brake line. It sits there happily scaring those dreaded gremlins away.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Aren't those supposed to be as low as possible.... attracting the gremlins to get to the bell and then fall off and onto the road? You are just asking for trouble with the fork having hanging above it.... superstitiously speaking, of course.

I mounted the gremlin bell to watch the front suspension . Dont people say its to soft , rebound, and compression and the polyurethane bump stop is going to wear out?

Now after 20000 miles the front suspension hasn't exploded so Ive moved it under the bike

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Gremlin Bell should be mounted as close to the Deer whistle as possible. Adding a Rabbit's foot cant hurt either!:wink2: Just don't tell the rabbit's!
4 leaf clovers are no good. They just keep blowing away! I have had better luck with a box of Lucky Charms.:nerd:

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
477 Posts
Gremlin Bell should be mounted as close to the Deer whistle as possible. Adding a Rabbit's foot cant hurt either!:wink2: Just don't tell the rabbit's!
4 leaf clovers are no good. They just keep blowing away! I have had better luck with a box of Lucky Charms.:nerd:

Corventure Dave
Mounted a horseshoe on the front wheel....now it feels like a bucking bronco.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts