GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I used a set with the clear leds and a trunk light, thought about getting some more for lighting the interior of the saddlebags. But I have seen them on a 1500 wing used to accent the ground around the bike, in the footpeg area.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I have a couple of sets of these mounted on my bike so far. One set I mounted on the top end of the Kury boomerang covers and another set located up under the front nose piece. The ones on the boomerang covers are almost invisible. Drilled a small hole for the wire to run thru and up the back side. They shine a nice purple light down around all of the side engine chrome and the ones under the nose light up the forks and do a nice splash of light all around the front chrome cowl area. Looks great at night.

The bike is still torn apart, so that is why you can see part of the tank area shown in one of the photos. Yes, it needs a good cleaning too! :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can not find a good place for them.
There are several place to light the GL1800, I think a lot really depends on how much you're willing to spend and or how much work you're willing to do. The color you choose can vary the results you see. For instance here is an Illusion blue blue bike done with blue LEDS...

Here is a Candy red bike done with some custom hand built LEDS that are mixed red and blue, the picture is lousy but the ground effect is awesome.

And if you happen to really like to light up the night and you have an orange bike this one is really cool...

This bike illustrates a few of the places to where LEDS can be placed, like in the radiator grills, inside of the rear floorboards, under the front nose piece, inside the driving light cavity, behind the front brake lines, underneath the edge of the shelter directed down the frame covers, inside the edge of the battery side covers, inside the rear speaker pods, underneath the saddle bags and the trunk, inside the vents (front side of the bike and shelter side as well) these look much better with chromed air vents of course but that is a matter for another posting...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts