GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, it may happen. GA may not be my retirement home, but for now I will take it. I'm so tired of MN and the winter. But the real reason we may move, is Delta Airlines. I've been working for NWA in Eagan, MN for 20 years, and to continue to work, I've got to make the move. It will be sometime between June and December 09.

Ok, do I need to get rid of my bunny suit? When we ride in MN in Janurary, you need a bunny suit.

I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you. I converted to a CSC trike last year, but I know there are many trikers in GA.

See y'all soon. Hey, I'm not trying to be southern by saying y'all. Before NWA, I lived in the OK and currently spend time in AR. Everyone in MN always ask, where you from, the south?

Se ya soon.:bow:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It still gets pretty cool during the Winter even for a Yankee! Georgia has some great roads and scenery but it is worth the move just for the Quality of fun and friendly people to ride with. Damn, I am thinking of moving myself!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Made the move myself 12 years ago and couldn't be happier:thumbup: Once you experience the people and the North Georgia mountains, you'll wonder why you didn't move earlier.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I moved from MA to GA 20 yrs ago and I'm staying (a damn yankee!)
I even married a southerner.
We get 4 seasons here in north GA. A few cold days in the winter (20s) a day or two of snow (an inch or two) then a mild,short spring and long hot/humid summer but you get used to it. Lots of sun, better than the damp/cold/rainy days in New England.
And I do ride year 'round though I got Gerbings a couple years ago.
I'm glad you still have a job. My wife and I are both in the medical field and so far no worries.
You'll love it here!

Steve

·
Registered
514 Posts
From Minnesota

We moved to Hiawassee, (extreme Northern Georgia) ten years ago from St. Paul.. I too, gave away the snowblower and shovels.
I wouldn't want to live near Atlanta, but even that is better than Minnesota.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We moved to Hiawassee, (extreme Northern Georgia) ten years ago from St. Paul.. I too, gave away the snowblower and shovels.
I wouldn't want to live near Atlanta, but even that is better than Minnesota.
I was wondering what to do with the "new" snow thrower. Do ya think it will be an incentive to purchase the house?

I suspect we will live in the burds. I can't stand the cities.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Afta 38 years in Rhode Island, I too sold the snowplow, but kept the snow shovel. Mama still has to use it once in a blue moon here in the Smokies!!!!! Don't wanna hurt myself, ya know!!!! Semper-fi:flg:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Patriot,
Moved to North Georgia from Northern MN in 1983.
You see, it was in 1983 that I first realized that I was free to leave. Best thing I ever did.
Don't get rid of Bunny suit. Those 20° days we have here in January feel right cold. Nothing like the -30° but...you'll see.
Georgia actually has all four seaons instead of just the two we had in MN. Good luck with the move and the job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts