GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was time to get a new tire and after careful consideration i chose a general gmax tire
so far i have to say i am very happy with it,any one else running this tire?
Ride safe
Smokinjoe

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and the Darkside! PM Murgie if you want a number.

I have not used that tire but I am sure someone has.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
welcome to ds :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Darkside

WELCOME to the forum, and WELCOME to the Darkside. As you put on the miles you will understand why there are so many darksiders on the roads. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
7,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
was time to get a new tire and after careful consideration i chose a general gmax tire
Ride safe
Smokinjoe
Rocketman was not happy with that one I think . Sidewalls were like jello .

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the Darkside.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Ride safe
Smokinjoe
I think I may have been the first to try the General G-Max. I liked the way the tire handled but had to run it right around 50 psi cold to keep the flimsy sidewalls from flexing. The pucker factor was to much for me so I got rid of it. Others have used it and thought it was fine. Just hope you have rapid air loss while riding, you may find you'll have your hands full if it goes to zero pressure fairly quickly. This is what it will look like.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
To the Darkside!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Rocketman was not happy with that one I think . Sidewalls were like jello .
I have been running a Gmax for almost 30,000 miles. Not to dispute Rocketman but I really like it. Different strokes I guess. If and when it ever wears out I will try something else. I do keep the pressure around 46 psi.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I have been running a Gmax for almost 30,000 miles. Not to dispute Rocketman but I really like it. Different strokes I guess. If and when it ever wears out I will try something else. I do keep the pressure around 46 psi.
Agreed , different riding styles equals different preferences for tires . Glad you like it .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts