GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my understanding that the CB is the same between the pre '11 and post '11 other than the plug and length of cable. If that is the case then all I would need is the correct plug.

Can anyone confirm that this is the right plug?
https://www.amazon.ca/Female-Connector-Harness-Terminal-DJ7165C-1-10/dp/B07VDX2J71

Dose anybody have a pinout of the wiring or a good picture showing the wires going in the correct cavity of the plug?

Thanks, Scotty

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I went through this last year. 2005 - 2016 CB radio's.
There were 2 different makers for the Goldwing CB. There was at one time an adapter available for one of them but it's no longer available. Sierra Electronics was quite helpful with this information. However it all boiled down to my having to get a new CB for my 2016. The good news is you can sell the old unit for about 1/2 or more the cost of the new CB.
I believe the new units are a bit better than the old ones due to possible upgrades.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
I am not aware of anyone that has positively identified the connector required for the CB.

As Dave mentioned, most of us that pulled the old CB out, sold it on eBay, and put the proceeds toward the '12+ version.

Wouldn't worry, as the pre-'12 CB's will still bring decent money.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I used one of the adaptors when I put the one from my '08 into my '13. I bought if from a board member but that was 5 years ago. I think EC had them but I don't know about now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts