GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to move the brake and gearshift pedals forward. the positions are very uncomfortable. It is more like a sport bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be easiest to get/make longer levers rather than "move" them.
Do you have any idea how to do this? Are there any pictures for this?
I have been riding a 1300 VTX since 2006 and just bought a new to me 2008 Wing so I have to relearn how to ride and modify this bike for more comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Forward controls for the Goldwing just don't exist, unfortunately. Because of their relationship to the engine, there's no room to move them forward. There are a couple things you can do to make it more comfortable for you. First, as mentioned above, you can have the seat modified to give you a seated position that's further to the rear. Second, go from foot pegs to floor boards. These would allow you to move your feet around a bit more, and a heel/toe shifter allows you to perform those functions without keeping your foot locked in the same position all the time. Another option is changing the foot pegs to mini boards. There are some, with the proper mounts, on the market that allow you to position them forward or back, as well as change the angle of them to make things more comfortable. Good luck, ride safe, and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Maybe not technically forward controls but these will move the brake and shifter down 1 inch and forward 3 inches. They can be used on both bikes and trikes. I actually found someone with a used set and they are being shipped to me as we speak. I'm looking forward to trying them out...

Just to add, I had been considering getting one of the custom seat offerings but the price for those are a bit steep. These should accomplish the same thing and save me a few bucks in the process. Even if you buy them new, (and they are a bit pricey) they still come in under the price of a good custom seat.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The Roadsmith system looks promising...and a benefit to trke owners...but could be a concern for aggressive(2whl) riders. I know I’ve worn the paint off places that weren’t designed to hit the ground, in stock form. B.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
These mini floor boards (see photos) lower your foot position for a little bit. Their tilt can be adjusted both ways. They can also be mounted at the same position as pegs, a bit backward, or a bit forward than pegs.

I'm 6'3" and they work well for me. I have them mounted forward (further forward than original pegs) and tilted forward. But you have to play with them and see what works for you. The least expensive way of changing the position of your feet while riding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Is it possible to move the brake and gearshift pedals forward. the positions are very uncomfortable. It is more like a sport bike.
The standard Goldwing is a bit more cramped compared to the F6B I had. I'm 6'-2" tall with 34" inseam and you do sit further back on the F6B seat and am not sure if this seat will fit a standard wing. Anyone know?

I also had the comfort drop mini boards by Kuryakyn and they help. For me, adding Mick-O-Peg highway pegs was the best. Allowed me to stretch out from time to time which is all that is needed to dramatically improve comfort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts