GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving to Henderson full time in 2018...coming from SoCal (San Diego area)....any twisties in the area? or should I sell my crotch rocket and buy a dual sport? Used to race desert back in the 70s and 80s ( D-37/38.
Looks like Nevada has an Off Highway Department and maps of local dirt routes, but still enjoy the challenge of a good twisty road.
Thnx- Ron

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I know there's some dirt riding areas north of Nellis AFB along I-15 but that's mostly ATV's. Maybe we'll see ya in Death Valley President's Day next year??

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Pooch...wifey and I are long time DV fans....usually stay at the "cabins" up front north of the office ( drinking some wine on the "porch"in the rocking chairs, enjoying the night sky) ... moving plan may interfere with GW Death Valley meet up this year (SD house will go on the market first of the year).... as if I remember the GWDV meetup it is usually around President's day Wk End ?...if we can swing it we may need a break from moving just to enjoy the road ( and those tiny cabins!)...Thanks again for the quick reply!! - Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Yes the DV gathering is Presidents Day weekend. Last year was a bust due to the weather and hardly anybody showed up. Of course the "tough guys", made it, ( Pooch) and I believe he is just now starting to dry out. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
We went down to Vegas to see friends and rode over 159 of the Red Rock Canyon area. Was not impressed. And another couple are now looking at a gated community this week by Lake Las Vegas. I told him it was just a drainage ditch for Lake Mead and now his wife won't talk to me. I guess we won't get an invite to see them anytime soon. :smile2:

Reactions: kwthom
1 - 5 of 5 Posts