GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nano I-Pod made by Apple. Radio works. Pluged I Pod in to plug end on wire out of left hand box. Pushed Auxx button , no sound or anything out of speakers Removed box on left side . The I-pod plug in wire goes to a black box . Out of the black box two gray wire goes to other connection and both are pluged in , I am wording if the little black box is bad. Daughter has a FM coverter will try it next. Any suggestion
thanks
thomas

·
Registered
679 Posts
Uhh, did you push in the AUX button on the radio panel?

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Black box is most likely are isolator

Does the MP3 work with headphones?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It works with head set , but not with the outside speakers. I can live with that.
thanks for the help and input
thomas

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
It works with head set , but not with the outside speakers. I can live with that.
thomas
Roythomas,

Happy to hear you can live with that. Now, a question for you. I just bought a new Zumo 665 w/MP3, and am wondering the best source for the download of music? Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
610 Posts
thomas
Push the 'audio' button and it should switch from speakers to headset and back with each push. ;)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are really asking the wrong person . My Daughter set me up with a I-tune account . Most song are $.99 a peice.. I have listen to XM for severeal years. I figure I can buy 100 songs.( One year subcriptions from XM. ) That is a lot of songs. I pick the music I want to listen to. There are probbly some people on this board that are better quilfied to answer that question better than me. Sorry I couldn't help
thomas

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think you can adjust the volume on the Ipod nano and that will also make a difference

·
Registered
104 Posts
Push the 'audio' button and it should switch from speakers to headset and back with each push. ;)
:agree:This is most commonly overlooked. If you are getting audio through the headset but not the speakers be sure to check this. Also be sure to turn the volume up on your MP3 player.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I had solved my problem After plugging in the MP3 player to the bike.If I move the wire around it sounded staticly and was having trouble withe volume. Tried a FM converter and it works alot better going to try this a while.
thomas

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Ok, this is goign to sound stupid, but try it anyway...

First, pull the aux plug out entirely.

Wipe it down with some connon cloth or clean rags, or whatever.

Next, plug it in again.

Then, Push firmly, sometimes people think they have it seated, but don't quite have it in there.

Finally, push play on the ipod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts