GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Fred H post on Nov 28 ( Nano 8 Gig ) for music on the wing or FJR .
The wife wants to get me a ipod ..............any thoughts ?
I download " Twit " Leo LaPort ,music .............Don't know if I'd get much use out of the video features , on a mp3 player.......... I've got " XM " on the Wing .Thanks 4 the idea's n comments .I leaning toward a " Apple " Nano or 30Gig ipod .

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi 2Wing,

I have a 30gig video ipod. Some will say that flash based (nano) will be more durable on a motorcycle.

I would agree if the unit is hard mounted. Mine lives in the left fairing pocket just laying on a small piece of foam. No problems (so far).

Of course there are also advantages/disadvantages to going with a proprietary system like itunes. Personally, I think itunes makes it so easy to do everything music/video related, there is no reason to use anything else.

Good luck and Happy Holidays,

Lance

·
Registered
550 Posts
mp3

Use both a nano 4 gig and a 30 gig video ipod. No problems with either of them. Just drip them in a case and drop then in the left pocket. Both work like a champ. Nano is considerably smaller(thinner) so is a little more compact.
good luck

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm a happy iPod user. There seems to more accessories available for the iPod than other mp3 players, and there seem to be more connectivity options for the non-Nano iPods. However, if all you want to do is plug your iPod into the stereo jack in the left fairing pocket and just run on the iPod's battery, a Nano will do just fine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Agree. If I had it to do over, I'd have an iPod Nano. My 4th gen works well in the left pocket however, and iTunes is terrific.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Well.....

I guess I'll be the first to break the iPod crowd. I bought the Sansa e270 and love it. 2,4,6 or 8 gig FLASH player. I got the 6 gig model and I've put over 1300 songs on it. That's well over 4000 minutes of muzak.

My e270 can use windows Media player, the free program "Media Monkey" or just windows explorer to move files back and forth.

http://reviews.cnet.com/SanDisk_Sansa_e ... 140-2.html

Check around, and make your best move that suits you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts