GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In retrospect, I regret buying the MP3 player when at Wing Ding, Nashville, 2011. It takes and act of God to download music into it. And, secondly, the durn thang has a habit of quiting to play intemintently. Would rather listen to my FM stero. The car I have with a USB plays my memory sticks flawslessly and they are easy on which to download music. Bike MP3... Bah - Hum Bug!

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
The reason you're having problems is probably because you didn't buy a "real" BikeMP3 player. If you purchased it in Nashville during Wing Ding 2011, you bought it from a vendor who was probably selling the Chinese knock-off version.

From what I have read, those that bough them at Wing Ding 2011 in Knoxville have had very few, if any, issues.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the real bikemp3 installed at Wing Ding and love it. I also down loaded the music loading software from WingStuff and man was it easy to use. I know almost nothing about computers and I loaded my sd card with 594 songs for my airbag wing in no time.:thumbup:

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
In retrospect, I regret buying the MP3 player when at Wing Ding, Nashville, 2011. It takes and act of God to download music into it. And, secondly, the durn thang has a habit of quiting to play intemintently. Would rather listen to my FM stero. The car I have with a USB plays my memory sticks flawslessly and they are easy on which to download music. Bike MP3... Bah - Hum Bug!
Is it one of our players? have you called in for help? If so could we not help?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Send it to me, and if I can make it work, I'll give you some $$ for it.

There are many reasons you may be having the troubles, and I'm good at figuring them out. For example, I loaded some MP3 files on my Garmin Zumo 550, and one of them crashes the whole machine. Figured that one out and contacted Garmin. Turns out they weren't all *that* interested in making sure the navigation system keeps running when the user loads a dodgy file....but I knew what the issue was.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Is it one of our players? have you called in for help? If so could we not help?
Pete, I can't imagine it's one of your players since it was purchased at Wing Ding 2011 in Nashville. It had to be a knock off or a a cheap copy.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It was purchased at Wing Ding in Knoxville from Bike mp3 and installed by them there. I was with him there.I have one of the old ones and it works flawlessly. I told him it was some old stuff he downloaded or to send it back or at least call Pete. Quapa just goofed and said Nashville. I guess he thought people here knew where Wing Ding was this year.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
It was purchased at Wing Ding in Knoxville from Bike mp3 and installed by them there. I was with him there.I have one of the old ones and it works flawlessly. I told him it was some old stuff he downloaded or to send it back or at least call Pete.
I'm curious. How were you with him in Knoxville when he was in Nashville? If he can't remember what town he was in or where Wing Ding was a month ago, it's no wonder he can't get the player working. :lol:

You're recommendation for him to call and talk to Pete was a good one. Too bad his doesn't listen to good advice. :roll:

·
Registered
331 Posts
The reason you're having problems is probably because you didn't buy a "real" BikeMP3 player. If you purchased it in Nashville during Wing Ding 2011, you bought it from a vendor who was probably selling the Chinese knock-off version.

From what I have read, those that bough them at Wing Ding 2011 in Knoxville have had very few, if any, issues.

Wrong Bartman, This is my Brothers, Brother-in-Law and he had his installed by Pete at Bike MP3 just like I did.

I had the V1 removed and the newer V3 installed by Pete's men and I Love the newer system. I used it for the entire trip from Knoxville to Ocala FL and not one miss. I think it is worth every penny and more.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sometimes I get my tongue tangled around my eye tooth and can't see what I am saying. No, it wasn't "Old Stuff" that I downloaded. I admit there may be some issues between the ears, but I am not completly ignorant. However, I am from Arkansas. And, yes, I said Nashville for some ungodly reason. I did purchase the unit in Knoxville. If it is such a good device, why should a person have to buy a special software program to install the music? I don't want to beat a dead horse to death, but I sent the MP3 player to a Guru friend of mine in Biloxi, MS to see if he can download some music. Still waiting on it. Maybe I got a bad one... maybe no one's fault in particular. However, the young man who installed the unit had a difficult time "booting" the system. After 4 or 5 attempts at booting, he siad it was finished. Maybe it was. I'll just stick to my old MP3's. If only I was as smart as Bartman. Wouldn't the world be lovely?

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
No special software needed would you like to send your card to me with your music I will be glad to load it for you

·
Registered
340 Posts
Talk to or email pete!!!

Sometimes I get my tongue tangled around my eye tooth and can't see what I am saying. No, it wasn't "Old Stuff" that I downloaded. I admit there may be some issues between the ears, but I am not completly ignorant. However, I am from Arkansas. And, yes, I said Nashville for some ungodly reason. I did purchase the unit in Knoxville. If it is such a good device, why should a person have to buy a special software program to install the music? I don't want to beat a dead horse to death, but I sent the MP3 player to a Guru friend of mine in Biloxi, MS to see if he can download some music. Still waiting on it. Maybe I got a bad one... maybe no one's fault in particular. However, the young man who installed the unit had a difficult time "booting" the system. After 4 or 5 attempts at booting, he siad it was finished. Maybe it was. I'll just stick to my old MP3's. If only I was as smart as Bartman. Wouldn't the world be lovely?
I had issues/difficulty loading music onto my BikeMP3 SD card and getting it to play.(I bought it from a motorcycle accessories retailer). I posted that I was having problems, and Pete communicated with me, got me straightened out with the proper instructions and now mine works great! NOTE: You do not need the software that is being pushed to use to load the SD card.

Go to BikeMP3 website and email Pete, or use this forum to communicate with him. He will be able to get you on the right path. He had great patience with me, and his detailed instructions really got me going. The product will work, but it's a little tricky to get 'er done. If I can do it, just about anyone can.

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
I had issues/difficulty loading music onto my BikeMP3 SD card and getting it to play.(I bought it from a motorcycle accessories retailer). I posted that I was having problems, and Pete communicated with me, got me straightened out with the proper instructions and now mine works great! NOTE: You do not need the software that is being pushed to use to load the SD card.

Go to BikeMP3 website and email Pete, or use this forum to communicate with him. He will be able to get you on the right path. He had great patience with me, and his detailed instructions really got me going. The product will work, but it's a little tricky to get 'er done. If I can do it, just about anyone can.
:agree: The software is not required at all ...
the ONLY advantage I can see is you can "shuffle " the tunes better
So not worth to money!!!

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Dude, relax...I just razzing ya. When you said you got your Bike MP3 at Wing Ding 2011 in "NASHVILLE" I just had to give you a little jazz!

Here's a video that might help in the future. Starting at 1:56 is detailed instructions on how to put the MP3's on the SD card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0QMLUc5RE

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the offer, Pete; however, Barnstormer sent me a set of instructions and I am now on the way to loading my music. CD1 is complete and I am working on the rest. I don't know if I was supposed to get any instructions with the MP3 in Knoxville or not. All I received was the MP3. If you are not providing instructionjs with the units, I would recommend those provided to me by Barnstormer. Thanks for your concern and a thousand lashes for me for venting my frustration. All is well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Clarification

Just for the record, what I sent was a copy of instructions that Pete had emailed to me. I had instructions included with my kit, just failed to understand. Pete to the rescue. BikeMP3 is an excellent option to the OEM CD changer.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Quapa,

There is ONE software package I would suggest - and NO you don't need it to create MP3 files or download MP3 files.

It is called SuperMp3Normalizer (and it is not free). What it does is "normalize" the audio files in a folder on your computer.

What I have done is converted my cda (CD) files to mp3 format and placed them in one folder on my computer. Then I ran SuperMp3Normalizer on the folder and it levels out the audio so I don't have low songs and high songs. I take the songs I want and place them in different CD folders for the MP3 player and off into the sunset I go.

I have had my current MP3 since Pete opened his doors - I have the V3 ready to go in shortly.

HEY PETE - when are you releasing the software for the V1? :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts