GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about a website called " Limewire".Do any of you know about it? I understand that you pay a one time fee of $18.88 and that it is file sharing...Although I am well covered for viruses,worms,and spyware...I still worry about file sharing...Do any of you use this website to download your music ? Please let me know as soon as possible...or what other choices do I have ?.....Thanx....Henry

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
There are many pay-for-download sites, usually .99 cents a song.

I still use WINMX, the "fixed" version, as the original one shut down on the threat of a lawsuit by the RIAA.

It's still free file sharing, just not as big as it used to be. :wink:

G

·
I use Limewire. The problem is the volume each is recorded at, then passed out is not constant. The downloads are so far clean, and fast enough once they hookup with the file sharer's computer, but finding sourses that are on line sometimes proves time consuming.

Pat

·
Registered
601 Posts
Napster to Go ..
I have a Napser account that I download songs from and play them on my PC.
You can't burn them to CD unless you buy them at .99 ea.
But, My Wife just brought home an IPOD, andI was looking into my Napster Account, it said to download the Napster to Go and fill and refill your player without paying .99 per song .

I am going to have her download it and will keep ya updated as to how it works.

As far as file sharing, It is illegal, unless they have been liscensed to sell the songs for the .99 ea ....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been using Limewire so far with my new iPOD with good results. I bought the Pro version.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Limewire has 2 versions.

A free one, and a pay4performance one.

I use the free one, every now and then.

To equalize the volume, get MP3 Gain, a free gain adjuster, which makes all of your mp3's the same volume, simple, easy to use.
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php

For music, I prefer.......
http://www.allofmp3.com/
It's Russian Based, but, I've never had a problem, in 6 months.
They even carry the TimeLife TV music stuff. :D

It works.

·
Registered
705 Posts
As far as file sharing, It is illegal, unless they have been liscensed to sell the songs for the .99 ea ....

That is a matter opinion, all from the Riaa, nobody really wants to fight the issue.

It is also illegal to copy a page in a book or magazine and give to anybody. Better tell that to congressional staffers when they burn a copy of the NY times latest secret page and give it their boss.

Somebody ought to tell them thats illegal too., LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts