GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this helps someone.

I ride a 2003 Goldwing and was on a 600 mile trip over the weekend. The first day, about 100+ miles from home, the Bike MP3 hung up (it's the older version). I let the bike coast until I could turn the ignition off and back on, which has taken care of the problem the few times it has happened in the past. This time, though, the "hangup" was more serious. The screen only showed the odometer at the bottom (no CB, CD, etc.) and the last song I was listening to kept playing. I couldn't switch to radio mode. I couldn't adjust the volume or turn off the MP3, it just kept on playing. At the next stop, I hit the reset button on the MP3 which didn't cure the problem. I even unplugged the unit. That stopped it from playing the same song, but, still, none of my electronic features would work.

Now, the solution: We took one of the battery cables loose, then re-connected it. The system reset and I now have my electronics back, including the MP3. If this happens to you, don't go into panic mode until you have disconnected and re-connect the battery.

Hope this helps someone in case you ever have the same problem.

2W

PS. The only reason I didn't upgrade when given the window of opportunity is that the majority of my music was copied from CDs my friends own. I didn't want to bother them with it again.

2W

1 - 1 of 1 Posts