1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Electrical Connection has one that works with the I-PODS

·
Registered
75 Posts
Last time I checked, you had to go to the 'whats new' section of their website to fing the ont that works with the CD. they make two different types. It's the one for about $175.00.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I was hoping for an answer to this also. There was one for sale at WingDing but he ran out. According to him the signal was clearer and the volume was louder when connected through the CD input instead of the Aux input. I'm skeptical.

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
<...>According to him the signal was clearer and the volume was louder when connected through the CD input instead of the Aux input. I'm skeptical.
I've melted away a chunk of my hearing capabilities over the last 40-odd years; not stone-deaf by any means, but I was able to detect a bit of an improvement using the same MP3 files on the BikeMP3 as I was using on my Sansa.

Some of that was needing to run the Sansa nearly wide open, possibly getting some distortion in the mix, in order to come close to matching the input level of FM.

It has some quirks, but I'm finding it to be a viable option.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have both the MP3 player and the iPod adaptor from BikeMp3, and they both work fine. I think the volume is much louder and clearer than it was when I was running my old MP3 player that I left lying in the left pocket. I had to crank the volume of the player up, and it increased the volume, but also increased the distortion.

I personally think the volume and clarity is much better when run through the CD player interface.

If I am really jamming, I have the volume at 17-18 and it is plenty loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the adaptor from BikeMp3 and it was easy to install. I noticed that the volume difference between my AUX input and the CD is quite abit. You need to be turned down the volume for the BikeMp.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Installed mine last night. The seat took longer to remove and install then installing the MP3 player. Works great! :thumbup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I installed the Bikemp3 unit on my GL1800 and it is great. Install took all of 30 minutes and most of that was removing and replacing the seat. It has been working great! Only locked up once and that was with SD card. I have not tried it with the stick yet! Overall I would highly recommend it!:thumbup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
MP3 player

Just installed one on my Goldwing. Sounds great. Installing it is a breeze. Getting your songs in the playing order you want can be somewhat a pain.

Remember that a 8GB card or flashdrive will hold about 594 songs. Wal Mart has a 8GB Flashdrive [Sandisk] for $20.00. I put just about all the songs I want to listen to on my bike. I only used 1.3GB out of 8GB. So I have tons of room left to add on later. If you buy the MP3 player and need to ask a question.....don't hesitate to drop me a line and i'll try to answer your question.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Did any one notice that this thread was started way back in 2004,,, :shrug: Good question though !!!!

Terry hasn't made a post sense Feb 2004,,,

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I got the EC Ipod adapter for the CD controls/interface.

Without question the audio quality is better than the aux port.

I am quite satisfied with the product, but I wish it would display all the Ipod info on the screen.

I give odds that the 2011 Wings will have ipodintegration and display built in!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have ordered my EC Ipod adapter for the CD controls/interface, (backordered) and have two generation 3 8GB Nano units. I am thinking about a new gen 4 16GB Nano, but heard they use MP4. Can I easily put MP3 on the new 16gb nano?

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts