GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the electronics board, but got only one response. Maybe someone here can help. My mp3 player will not charge and play at the same time. Does anyone have one that does? In effect, the MP3 would be running off the bike's power while in use. Is this possible with any of the other units out there? Thanks, and good luck.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
IPOD will work. You can get a 12v charger and run it in left glove box till the cows come home.... :yes1: :thumbup:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got that response on the electronics board. I don't know much about an IPOD, but don't I have to pay for each song I install on it? That would be my only reason for choosing an MP3 and just installing from CD's that I own now.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Got that response on the electronics board. I don't know much about an IPOD, but don't I have to pay for each song I install on it? That would be my only reason for choosing an MP3 and just installing from CD's that I own now.
CD's to computer, Computer to ipod.
Nothing to buy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
All my music is MP3 and I have paid for 3 songs out of over 200 for a whopping $2.97. The rest are from my CD's...all formatted onto my IPOD...:thumbup:

I have a 6 gig IPOD and have used 884mb of space for a total of 15 hours of fine music while I am cruizzzing down the road...

I think for that and a cig lighter charger for your bike, you are talking $180 range.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
putting your own songs on an ipod is free, using apple itunes

all ipods have a charger plug and a 1/8 inch stereo output

a simple cig lighter plug on the bike will charge it

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a Zune mp3 player and you could do the same thing with it. Buy the car charger and put a accessory plug in the left pocket and use the 1/8 plug to play tunes through the Aux mode. Charge and play at the same time.Zune costs about 1/2 what an IPOD cost.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I got around the problem by making a battery holder for a "D" cell size. Took the + and - ends of the AAA. then glued them to the end of a wooden dowel after soldering the respective wires from the "D", to the ends. Cut out a slot for the wires so that they would not needed any extra room. Made a small hole in the plastic MP3 case for the wires. The "D" cell lasts about a year the way I use the player.

:biker:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have tried to use the Ipod on my wing and it ain't worth crap. It plays a while and then locks up tighter than dicks hat band. It will do nothing. It will not even turn off. I have to remove it from the wing and put it on the charger for a while before it will operate again. I thought at first that this was maybe due to a low battery condition but it will do exactly the same thing regardless of battery level. The Ipod only does this when it is connected to the wing. Seems like there was a post quite some time about this. Apparently others have had the same issue with their Ipod. I bought a Sony MP3 player and have not had one second of trouble from it.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
I have tried to use the Ipod on my wing and it ain't worth crap. It plays a while and then locks up tighter than dicks hat band. It will do nothing. It will not even turn off. I have to remove it from the wing and put it on the charger for a while before it will operate again. I thought at first that this was maybe due to a low battery condition but it will do exactly the same thing regardless of battery level. The Ipod only does this when it is connected to the wing. Seems like there was a post quite some time about this. Apparently others have had the same issue with their Ipod. I bought a Sony MP3 player and have not had one second of trouble from it.
probably a hard drive ipod, they do have aproblem with the bounies

a touch or a nano, by apple, have solid state memory chips, no problem with the bouncies

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
www.anythingbutipod.com

Great info:
www.anythingbutipod.com Then click the link in the upper right had for "forums"

I have used 'em all and now use/prefer the Zen 32GB flash player. I also comes as a 16GB for less:

While I'm at it download your music for 9cents/song at:
http://www.leagalsounds.comwww.legalsounds.com
Create a one use visa/mastercard with paypal and you're good to go. Great music selection and easy to search/find.

Steve

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I got around the problem by making a battery holder for a "D" cell size. Took the + and - ends of the AAA. then glued them to the end of a wooden dowel after soldering the respective wires from the "D", to the ends. Cut out a slot for the wires so that they would not needed any extra room. Made a small hole in the plastic MP3 case for the wires. The "D" cell lasts about a year the way I use the player.

:biker:
Yea I was going to do that, but then the space shuttle commander called me while in space with a problem...So I had to fix the problem...Now I will get right on those battery connections...:shock: :joke:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts