GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone besides Ipod make an MP3 player with a remote control?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Griffin Industries make a remove that works just fine on the iPods. I have one and love it. I mount the remote-controller on the handle bars with the supplied velcro (even painted it satin black to blend in) and put the unit in my right box so it can be securied. I mounted a power plug and ran an extended AUX cable to the box. Works great. If you get caught in the rain, just pull the remote and put it in the mosly empty left box. No problems... Be sure to get the model that will work on your model of iPod.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Allen Dye said:
Does anyone besides Ipod make an MP3 player with a remote control?
Good question. I haven't found any either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The original Dell DJ has a wired remote (I have the player and the remote). It was such a PITA to use plus the HDD locked up enough that I said screw it and bought a first gen Nano with the i-Jet wireless remote adapter. Works perfectly now.

Other than the Dell 1st gen, I've never seen a wired (or wireless) remote MP3 player that wasn't an Apple.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I Jett is real popular, getting ready to order one for mine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Creative Vision:M

Santa brought me a Creative Labs Zen Vision:M. I bought the "wired" remote and a 12V power car adapter for it. I will need to modify the remote since it is designed to be in line with the audio connection (i.e. the remote plugs into the MP3 player audio jack and the audio then plugs into the remote head). I plan to modify it so that there is a Y-connector at the player that will allow the remote to be routed to either the handlebars or the passenger hand hold. I will post some pictures once I get around to modifying this.

While I am cutting wires, I will shorten the wires for the car power adapter since they are quite a bit longer than I need.

BTW, with 30 GB, I have over 5500 songs on the unit and still have plenty of storage left. Wow, I love this unit. Also, the unit runs about 12-14 hours when playing music.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts