GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many threads discussing the mileage increase when using CT's.

Since most riders who use them run a lower air pressure in those tires, have you noted a lower MPG than when running MT's?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Joe, I believe most darksiders will have less MPG. The fun factor

will result in more aggressive riding = lower MPG.

If you can resist --- there is little or no change.

Safety and confidence and comfort are why I use a RF/CT.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Joe,

In the last 16,000 miles I have recorded every fuel stop and have an overall average of 39.25 MPG. The worst I got was 31.99 two up pulling a loaded Piggy backer trailer with 40-45 MPH crosswinds at 70-75 MPH across Nebraska and Kansas last summer and the best done locally 1 up at 55-60 MPH with a 53.89 of perfect shifting and very easy accel and decel factors with no wind or traffic in the upper part of the lower pennisula this fall looking at the fall colors. Basically, no diff between MT or CT but the CT gives a feeling of want to wick the throttle more especially in the twisties.

As always, Your Mileage will surely vari with the throttle stop position. Sit back and enjoy the ride. You are going to love it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
My C/T didn't drop my mpg, at least I haven't noticed. .....Don

·
Registered
331 Posts
Joe the c/t has not changed my mpg at all. The safty of the run flat ,smoothness of the ride ,longer tire life, it's all good.:thumbup:
mrwelaxn

·
Smoky
1,190 Posts
Joe,
I'd say that my MPG has stayed about the same. Just enjoy the ride because if there is a difference in MPG.......you'll be having too much fun to notice :yes1: !

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I have seen many threads discussing the mileage increase when using CT's.

Since most riders who use them run a lower air pressure in those tires, have you noted a lower MPG than when running MT's?

It is well known that I am not nice to my CT's..But I still manage to get 2 to 1 from a MT..

Fuel mileage depends on that thing that is attached to my right arm..
Funny how it has so much influence on my mileage for the day.. bad wrist-no cookie for you-I year!:shrug:

The reason most would notice any difference in fuel mileage would be from greater confidence in the CT,Thus going a little faster..:doorag:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts