GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are owners realizing in MPG'S I know Honda says 32, I remember my 1500's and 1800 getting about 40. I'm on the fence between the F6B and the CTX1300 where reports of 45+- have been noted.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The last thing I've ever used to determine one vehicle over another was MPG. Oh wait, still haven't. Buy the bike that you'll enjoy riding more. The MPG will work themselves out in the wash.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Measure in FPG (fun per gallon) I just finished about 140 miles of fun in the mountains I of Tennessee and North Carolina! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
What are owners realizing in MPG'S I know Honda says 32, I remember my 1500's and 1800 getting about 40. I'm on the fence between the F6B and the CTX1300 where reports of 45+- have been noted.
High 30's to 40 @ a steady cruise. F6B is a blast to ride but I'm sure that the CTX will be lighter & maybe easier to handle. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Never had below 40mpg.42mpg on mine would be a fair average.But even if my F6B got 30mpg I would be happy as this is by far the best bike I have ever ridden.

·
Registered
276 Posts
41.4 mpg average, 4,800 miles

·
Registered
53 Posts
I get around 35 mpg .

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have never gotten below 41mpg in my first 8000 miles.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Aggressive riding = 35mpg
Cruising = 40+ mpg
2012 gl1800

This is about the same that my wife is getting with her F6. I noticed a 2 - 4 mpg steady increase from 8 - 12K and now it has seemed to level out at the 40/42 mpg being common. The only time it drops is if we are pushing it hard on the interstate at 80+ mph, and then it will drop to 37 or so.

Same thing happened on my Wing.

I just changed both of them over to K&N filters and it seems to have given me another 1 - 2+ mpg, but not enough miles on it to prove for sure.

·
Registered
449 Posts
After break-in, i was consistent @ 40 mpg. I added Baker Wings for hand protection and love them. However, my mileage has dropped to 37 mpg due to more wind resistance. :?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Have only had my f6b for about 6 weeks and a couple thousand miles. Only really checked mileage once; on a 400 mile day trip and only on the first tank full. Running around the speed limit most times, maybe 5 or so over, seldom above 70-75 mph, mix of two lane state roads and some twisty mountain roads. Was surprised that it turned in 48 mpg. That was on non-ethanol regular.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Tested the two n do not like the [email protected]
I also test rode both bikes and that settled it pretty quick for me.
A couple of folks have posted on the general board that they rode/bought a CTX. They are impressed at the performance although I don't really understand why. The CTX isn't bad but doesn't have the broad, pull like a locomotive from any rpm, of the f6b. It has to be wound up a bit to pull good. One ride on the CTX and the performance just left me cold. Others don't seem to share that opinion though. CTX.. lighter but still over 700 lbs and only 75 hp.

Don't really know about the fuel consumption/mileage of the CTX but I am happy with what I get on the f6b, especially for all the other benefits I find it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was totally surprised and impressed with my F6B MPG. I'm just turning 1000 miles and still taking it pretty easy but I just did 243 miles and needed only 5.3 gallons to fill! That's almost 46 MPG on cheap regular fuel. This was mostly two lane mountain roads with a little bit of 75 MPH interstate. I've got the Klock Werks Flare windshield which I believe May be very efficient. Still shifting at about 2200-2300 RPM probably helps also. Also, this was all two up riding.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts