GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Not often do I find something which makes my life easier but this time I did. Everyone knows how convoluted motorcycles are and getting them clean is a major pain in the butt. So, after seeing the ads concerning Mr. Clean's Auto Wash, I thought what the heck, I'll try it... can't be any worse than other products... and wouldn't be the first time I've been conned.

Ladies and Gents, it works! No more spots on the black. No more spots on the chrome and best of all no more spots on the rims. Excellent results!

Now, with the spare time, I'm going riding... see ya later.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wild Bill I have been waiting for some one to try Mr. Clean and report to us. I have a lot of minerals in my water and it is always a pain to keep those water spots away. Do you still wipe down your bike after washing or are you letting it air dry. I have aways used a leaf blower to get ride of excess water to avoid corrosion. I guess a trip to Wal-Mart is now in order.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
water spots

Sgt,

Our water is overly mineralized. Typical aquifer water loaded with calcite, lime, etc.. the usual cocktail.

I hosed it, soaped it, sponged it, rinsed it and watched the water fall off the bike... as if the water couldn't wait to hit the ground. The most I did was run an old towel over it... not through every nook and cranny... nothing more. How great it felt not having to scrub spots off the chrome, etc.

Bill

·
Registered
368 Posts
The original Mr. Clean kit comes with a filter good for three washes. I bought the replacement filter, good for ten rinses, at Wal Mart for $5.47. The most valuable part of this outfit is the filtered rinse water. I recall reading about a filtered rinse system that guys who clean bikes for the International Motorcycle Show use. It was in a motorcycle magazine (boy that narrows it down) I thought it was in Motorcycle Consumer News but I can't find it in my back issues. Anyway, it was about $30 bucks and good for numerous washes. I felt the Mr. Clean unit worked better on my wife's PT Cruiser and my black Jeep Wrangler than the bike. It definitely does help, but the second time I used it I couldn't stand seeing it sit there wet so I chamoised it off. Here's the Mr. Clean link with coupons.
http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanau ... lean.shtml

·
Registered
891 Posts
I sent off for my coupon,but

Did you ever try BOM bad to the bone products,you dont need no water,I have never seen nutin like it.Good for everything on bike Wind screen,wheels ect. I use it but still like the water thing first. Oh it is the wax too,don't need to wax anymore.

·
Registered
338 Posts
BOM

I have recently started using the BOM products - the best I've ever used, bar none. The metal cleaner is great on the wheels, Shock (2 little cap fulls) does a great job if you insist on water and the BOM spray cleaner combined with a damp micro fiber cloth is simply awsome.

Looks up front to be a little expensive, its really not considering how little it requires to do the job.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I am reluctant to use the waterless products becaue the "dirt" to be wiped off is very abrassive. What would keep it form hazing the paint if you did not rinse it off first. Old school way of think'n maybe....

prs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts