GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Mr Clean AutoDry Carwash System specifically for my wing.

I am a sucker for new technology that can save me work.

This product cleaned my bike and dried without SPOTS!

2 places that needed attention – Windshield and Baker Wings – but Honda spray cleaner fixed that with no problem.

The ABS chrome and aluminum heads and all other parts dried perfectly.

1 Note for the impatient types, I did it at 6:00 PM at about 60 degrees and it took until about 8:00 PM for it to dry. In the sunshine it will dry faster.
I used to use the blow dry technique (30 miles would do it) - but that always left spots.

Out of 5 stars I’d give it a 5.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I bought it last weekend, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm glad to hear your happy with it.

Less than $20 at Wally World.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought the soap refill bottle at Wally World and use it like any car wash. Works great. I think the rest of the so called system is just fluff. Darkwing 8)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Certainly not Fluff. I have a well full of minerals which leave our vehicle spotty. Now, wash the black truck and red suv with no more spots. Did not think it would work either, however, it really does.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I finally got to try this on my Lincoln this morning. The results are fantastic. The product really works as advertised. It was nice to just let it dry on it's own without wiping it down. Not one water spot anywhere. Not even on the glass.

About the only time I wash my bike is when I get caught in the rain. This system will be great for washing it after getting caught. Especially since it's black.

http://www.moderncarcare.com/hotnews/3bh7105943.html

·
Registered
231 Posts
OK OK OK, you guys win, I will get the kit and give it a try. :D
Every time I log on to this board it costs me money. :? sheeesh :!:
How long before Hal stocks this and has it on SALE :?: :idea:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Jim Mathis

What do you think of the gizmo that attaches to the hose to apply the product ? Is it necessary do you think, or would applying by hand suffice ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Darkwing says he likes the soap by it's self just fine. Personally, I like being able to use filtered water in the final rinse. Our water here is awful.
The gizmo is a little cumbersum at first, till you get the hang of using it, and you have to lay it down while using your mitt or cloth.

To be honest, I've hoped for something like this for a long, long time.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I wonder if this product has any compound in it that will mar the finish either on the bike itself or on graphics that have been applied such as murals or other painted art?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mr Clean Autodry carwash

:cry:
Pretty disappointed with the Mr Clean Autodry Carwash system. Not that it doesn't do as advertised but that the filters don't last anywhere near as advertised. Supposed to get 10 washes out of a filter, I am licky to be able to wash my GL and Sequoia once each before the filter needs replacing. Would be nice if the filters for the final rinse lasted more than one washing....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pretty disappointed with the Mr Clean Autodry Carwash system. Not that it doesn't do as advertised but that the filters don't last anywhere near as advertised. Supposed to get 10 washes out of a filter, I am licky to be able to wash my GL and Sequoia once each before the filter needs replacing
Actually the filter package says its good for 3 uses..... :)
Ron
Spokane

·
Registered
990 Posts
Your right! Everytime I read a post about a good product or see a photo of an accessory that looks good it costs me money. last time someone posted a picture of the LED lights for the saddlebags and trunk that were color matched from Road Trip Essentials it cost me $560+ . I think I better read a novel and be a little richer. LOL

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
To add my 2 cents worth, I also am disappointed in the number of uses. Think the package said you could get three uses out of the dryer, but after 1 1/2, it is used up, just on the bike (didn't use it on the cars). Could be a very expensive proposition at that rate.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I found that I have to use the filtered rinse longer on the bike than the car because of all the angles. The starter filter that came with the kit says it's good for three uses. A ten use filter and refills for the soap are about $5.00 each at Walmart, give or take a little. 10 washes for $10.00 doesn't sound too bad to me. I like it, because I'm basically a lazy dude.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Now if l can find out where the "bug repelling" wax can be purchased, l too can spend some more money.

:yw1:

·
Registered
35 Posts
It works great for us!

Most members in our HRCA Chapter are sold on it as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually the filter package says its good for 3 uses.....
Actually, the inital starter package says 3 uses. The refills say 10 uses +/- but I would think that would mean more than 2!

Also, good luck on the coupon. I sent for one and never received it. Coimplained to the web site and called the company then received two $.75 coupons in the mail but no $5.00 coupon. Great customer service...wish they would take a hint from...Hal, EC, Ed Sets, etc....you know the companies that actually know what great customer service is...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts