GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an ERC Safety Course Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it. You can always pick up some knowledge. What surprised me was the instructor, who was a very nice guy and very knowledgeable pointed out that I was having trouble in the slow maneuvers because I had a car tire.
Up to that point I thought I was doing very good. Two other guys dropped their wings and they had the miracle M/C tire and he didnt say anything to them. Told me a few times how dangerous they were and I should change that tire immediatly. Just cannot figure out what is the problem.
I thought I was not going to pass it just because of that. Oh well, another day and I didnt even go up in flames.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Not likely you will either. Ride dark sider ride.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: on passing the coarse!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Just b/c he is an instructor does not mean he knows jack about a c/t on a motorcycle! I can do anything on a c/t that I could on a m/c tire. Maybe (maybe! ) at an expert competition level the m/c tire would be better at slow speed maneuvers, but that is NOT what I do. And I would not bet on that!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Certainly not my life!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I took the Ride Like a Pro on my Valkyrie on a GY TT. Me and one other buy (also CT) were invited to ride in formation with the instructors through the 18 foot circle/figure 8. My control is much better riding slow than it is with a MT. Can't and won't explain it, but it is true.

Ride Safe.
HayHauler :cool:
Jimmyt

·
Registered
514 Posts
ERC course

I took an ERC course with my CT on the back. The instructors said nothing about it, I did everything they asked of me with less trouble than I had before with a MT.
I can go slow easier with a CT than without.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts