·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to get one of these Jewels?

·
Registered
399 Posts
REI or just about any sporting goods store that caters to back packers.

·
Registered
784 Posts
On long trips, I carry two of these 33 ozs jobs in a bracket I made. I like to push the limit on the Gas tank.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Got mine at Dicks Sporting Goods

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
BlurplexOK said:
On long trips, I carry two of these 33 ozs jobs in a bracket I made. I like to push the limit on the Gas tank.
I'm new to this extra fuel thing.
Where do you store the extra fuel bottle on the bike. Are they safe enough to carry in a trailer on long trips. Or should they be attached to the tounge of the trailer ?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Bill,

I carried mine in the saddle bag 6500 miles last summer on vacation. No smell of gas in anything else in the saddlebag and never a leak.

Paul H.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Are they safe enough to carry in a trailer on long trips.
I carried two - 33 oz. MSR bottles with me in my side storage trunk 365 days a year for two years and about 60,000 miles and never had a problem. You need to make sure you don't overfill them (to allow for any slight expansion) and to also put on the lid tightly. Occasionally, put in fresh gas so your fuel is okay and you are set to go. Aside from having a much larger auxiliary fuel tank, it's the next best thing.

DaleC

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure to be getting at least one of them for the summer trips.

·
Registered
751 Posts
fuel storage

Another question....... WHat do you use to help in the ease of transfering the fuel from the bottle to the tank?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Saddle bags for me also. I made a stand out of plastic and a shipping tube for the both of them. It worked great for my 1800 mile trip.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Re: fuel storage

MG_Wings said:
Another question....... WHat do you use to help in the ease of transfering the fuel from the bottle to the tank?
A steady hand..........no seriously a funnel......can even make one out of a water bottle. I always have a bottle of water or two on hand.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How often do you guys rotate the gas out of the bottles to keep 'em fresh?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Nimo said:
How often do you guys rotate the gas out of the bottles to keep 'em fresh?
I only use mine when I am taking a long ride and there is a lot of distance between gas stops. I empty mine when I get back home and doing local riding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts