GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dealer yesterday and noticed a flayer on the counter for the MSTA / motorcycle touring association . never heard of them , went to there
web site and looks like it,s all about the " death wish riders " . I enjoy the twisters just as much as anybody but can not find a DARTH VADER suite
in my size . any body have any info on there rides and how it is to ride with them .
beam me up Scottie .

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Am not a member, but MTA looks to be a very normal touring group, don't see anything dangerous or wild, don't know why you would need a Darth Vader "suit" ;)

But I tried to register, and couldn't, so the web site has problems.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
MSTA is the motorcycle sport touring assoc.
Those guys take it a lot more serious than I do,as far as the speed and such,but I will stick with my leisure rides,thank you very much:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm a member of MSTA and they accepted me with when I had my Wing. They are serious riders, was talked to many times by different people about not wearing "safety pants" The group rides are "spirited". There are usually no more than 6 in a group. If seven show up, we usually split into 4 and 3. There are a couple of MSF instructors in the Michigan Squadron. About a quarter of our members particpiate in track days.

Rallies are all about the rides. It's very well organized with GPS files distributed in advance. I was at the national rally last year. It is much different than GWRRA and GWTA...no games, parades, drill teams, best dressed couples, special couple, special individual or anything like that.

We'd be happy to see you as a member...what state are you in?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
theredbaron,

Please check for private message regarding the MTA. You all are invited to our Gathering in June 16-20, in Montross, CO. There is a registration process and fees. Please PM for info.

I am not aware of anything related to Darth Vader on our website, but suspect that many members are Star Wars fans.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M.S.T.A / reply to Gregory King .

Hey Greg , Thanks for the reply about the M.S.T.A I love my wing but also love the back roads I live in Northern Ill , Schiller park IL . I am retired
so I have a lot of time to ride . My favorite place to ride is Kentucky , Tennessee and Georgia . I ride a 2004 Gl1800 Full Monty Traxxion upgrade .
I have been riding for 52 yrs and am on my 5 Th G.W all of them I traded up when they get about 100,000 miles .I have taken all the M.S.F
courses and have been told by Meany that I am a excellent rider . I am going to give it a try and see what happens .
Bob G.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm a member, have been since 1995. My wife and co-rider is as well. MSTA use to be known as HSTA reflecting Honda Motorcycles but changed it's name a few years ago to reflect it's inclusiveness toward other brands. It's really never about what you ride.

It is a relatively small group, a few thousand members nationwide.

It has several regional week end events and one national event annually. It is an all volunteer organization.

Fred Rau had a nice write up about us a few months ago in Motorcycle Consumer News. Look it up if you wish.

When I first joined, I rode a ST1100 as my primary ride. Now it's a GL1800. I'm 72 years old and I'd say the average age of mebership is about 50. We're all about getting together and learning and talking about motorcycles and riding them.

All members are pretty much ATGATT.

We've made some good friends over the years and I have no regrets from my association with this organization.

Motodoc42

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bob G. -

I would strongly encourage you to join. The membership is only $25.00 and you get STARBUCKS (a coupon) good for $25.00 off registration for an event or something from the Gearbox. Some events give you a free membership with an event registration, but then you don't get the STARBUCKS. There are also discounts available for members.

Join the forum or simply stalk us for a while. I went to the MSTA website without logging in and discovered I couldn't get at the latest issue of our magazine. If you pm me with your e-mail address, I can send you a copy. Page 7 has a list of our national events Most of them are within a day or two ride for you.

Take care, ride safe and maybe I'll see you at the Mail Pouch Flyby (August 22-24) in Marietta, OH. Some of us have to work..I may do some other events. I'm trying to move this year and I need to save the vacation time for that.

Greg

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday and noticed a flayer on the counter for the MSTA / motorcycle touring association . never heard of them , went to there
web site and looks like it,s all about the " death wish riders " . I enjoy the twisters just as much as anybody but can not find a DARTH VADER suite
in my size . any body have any info on there rides and how it is to ride with them .
beam me up Scottie .
How about posting a specific link to the outfit you are referring to ? :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts