GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick ride from my house to the top of Mt Lemmon this morning. I am still new to the GL 1800 so I thought it would be a good training ride to get the feel of sharp mountain curves up and down. I practiced entering and exiting corners with and without brakes and throttle. The bike is very forgiving and it was a pleasure. To go from the desert to Pines (9000 ft elevation plus) and back home in two hours was a great way to start the day!

75 miles today puts me at 580 on the new baby......................

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
I do the Mt Lemmon ride all the time with my ZRX1200 and my GL1800 and I enjoy the wing more. We did a ride to Superior/Globe and back today, It was perfect weather. Maybe we can get together on a ride sometime:)

Randall

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randall, that would be great, I am trying to get a little saddle time before I ride with others, but I am close..........................

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Great Riding area

I used to live in Tucson area (actually Catalina - just north of Ora Valley) and the Mt. Lemon ride was one of my favorites ... actually there are some great roads out that way to enjoy not to mention the weather.

Congrats on the bike and enjoy the area ...

Donnie

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
take the ride over to Kitt Peak. It's a fun road with a nice destination

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, Randall I have a few weekends left of a remodel (with mission creep) and then I will have some weekends to ride, I will let you know.

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Home sick

You guys are making me even more home sick. Wish I could participate in the group ride (or any ride) in AZ. Some day I will move back - I hope.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts