GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a 2007 motor trike kit put on my 1800 GW and wondered if anyone knew the rear end axles MT used for this year kit? I am trying to find info on optional wheels and need bolt pattern offset etc. Has anyone purchased optional wheels and know this info?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
I am having a 2007 motor trike kit put on my 1800 GW and wondered if anyone knew the rear end axles MT used for this year kit? I am trying to find info on optional wheels and need bolt pattern offset etc. Has anyone purchased optional wheels and know this info?

Thanks,
Dan
I believe they are Ford Ranger axles. :shrug: Measure offset of the wheels on there now and you should be ok. George Patrick and quite a few others here will let you know for sure.......... post a picture when you get them?:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts

Thanks,
Dan
Because you are new here, you should know that George Patrick has made an entire maintenance manual for the MotorTrike and has it on the web for all of us slow-witted unbalanced Motortrikers to use. Suggest you download it, and it can entertain you for hours.

Site is http://www.cash-2k.com/kj5ix/MTServiceManual.pdf or you can get it from the bottom of one of his posts.

As far as wheels, MotorTrike also has a wheel shop across the street from their shop, and offer some as options for their kits. The trike at the bottom of my post has a set of theirs, including a matching front - and they are directional so they all have the slots cut the same way on both sides of the rear end. And, yes, its a Ford rear end, with shortened axles (keeps the drive shaft in a straight line), but the brake calipers are propritory.

And welcome to the funny farm. It will grow on you.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
If you have access to the wheels now; you can take them or one, to a good tire ~ wheel shop and they can match the hole pattern and the offset. From there they can help you find a ton of wheels that would work.

The rear is most likely a Ford Mustang GT 94 to 97/98, 7.5 inch with 2:73 gears.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The guide is GREAT and has more than you will ever need to know!

Welcome to the group and post your pics when you get it all done!:congrats:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts