GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FR 52 A beautiful single and double road with camping along the banks. Lots of heavy frost damage, bumps so hard they knocked my head lights off the connectors.

http://www.roadsnw.com/rnw/125

Stevens Canyon road Eastside from Paradise to East side Stevens Canyon Entrance. Slides closing road at times. Heavy frost damage in many Places. Being closed September 2011 for road repairs

White River camping $12 is a good base camp for Sunrise, no showers. Ranger said to expect snow at Sunrise in early September.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I just rode US 12 and WA 123 about four weeks ago. I also took Stevens Canyon Road through Mt Rainier National Park. The roads were fine with only a couple of brief construction stops where crews were clearing debris from recent rock slides. Except for he fact that Mt. Rainier was clouded in at the peak, it was an otherwise spectacular and breathtaking ride!

After leaving Mt Rainier NP, I worked my way over to Olympia where I picked up Hwy 101 and rode alongside the Hood Canal up to Hwy 20 and took the ferry from Port Townsend to Coupeville. I stayed on Hwy 20 East all the way to Idaho where it changed to Hwy 2. What a beautiful ride!

I had just spent the previous three weeks with a friend who lives in the Columbia Gorge area and he had some great day-rides planned for us while I was there.

I loved Washington State and plan to return SOON! My month there was over all too quickly. You Washington Wingers have a beautiful State in which to ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thank you. I agree there are wonderful rides here. July and August and possibly September are great for riding. The rest of the year sucks......

It takes lots of rain to keep it green here and we sure get the rain.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wa rides

Yes well NJ has some really awesome turnpikes and you really can't beat the traffic jams to the beaches. Miss those days.

Get out this was again give us a ring for those Gorge rides.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you. I agree there are wonderful rides here. July and August and possibly September are great for riding. The rest of the year sucks......

It takes lots of rain to keep it green here and we sure get the rain.

Well for the westsiders maybe ..... east of the Cascade Mountains general weather is much drier....we ride April - October plus several March and November days as well as weather permits !! :thumbup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
western WA

We do get to ride all year up here,
Buy Gerbings,
Buy Froggtoggs,
Buy Buy w/proof boots,
Buy waterproof Map Holder,
Ride, Ride, Ride.
oh yeh, Buy wife roses on friday afternoon,
and she will let-U ride in the rain all weekend.
KennyU
SeattleWA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts