GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several friends and I took a ride from the Seattle area to Mt St Helens on Saturday. To our great surprise since the weather was so nice there was not a lot of traffic on the road in. The road is in perfect condition and the ride was as good as it gets. All of the visitor centers were open and again not crowded.

I highly recommend this ride. It is well worth the effort.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Here are a few of the pictures I took while I was on the ride.

This is a picture taken from the first visitor center on the highway. Note the sight seeing helicopter just taking off.

Some of the Lupine at the Johnson Ridge observatory

Looking at the mountain from the Northwest. The volcano blew the side out of the mountain when it erupted in 1980. The blast zone is shown. Note how little vegetation has grown back in the last 31 years.

Another picture of St Helens with Lupine in the foreground.

Picture of the mountain taken from Johnson Ridge observatory. There is a lava dome that is slowly building in the center of the crater. It is visible in this picture.

Taken at the Johnson Ridge observatory. Shows Fire Weed and Lupine.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I did the Leavenworth for lunch then Chelan for coffee on Saturday. Amazing day and just like the St Helen's ride, very little traffic. Did E-burg on Sunday for lunch and was back to the west side before any traffic backups over Snoqualmie screwed up another wonderful day.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have to get down there this season. Probably riding over to Spokane to pick up an Aluma - maybe a tie-in there...

Thanks for posting the pictures - this place has amazed me since it erupted...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
You would'nt happen to know the price for a flight would ya ????

·
Registered
657 Posts
thanks for pics just came back from there but never got to see it because of low clouds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts