GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Although I haven't ridden a Voyager package, I have test driven an 1800 that had the Towpac on it. It is almost identical to the Voyager. I didnt like it because I didnt feel stable especially on corners. I felt like I was going to tip over. I really wanted to like it because it was a lot cheaper than doing a trike conversion. But in the end, I ended up going with a full trike conversion and it has worked out much better for me. But that is my experience. I know others that feel that the outrigger style addons work just fine. My suggestion is to give one a test drive and decide for yourself.

http://towpacusa.com/

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although I haven't ridden a Voyager package, I have test driven an 1800 that had the Towpac on it. It is almost identical to the Voyager. I didnt like it because I didnt feel stable especially on corners. I felt like I was going to tip over. I really wanted to like it because it was a lot cheaper than doing a trike conversion. But in the end, I ended up going with a full trike conversion and it has worked out much better for me. But that is my experience. I know others that feel that the outrigger style addons work just fine. My suggestion is to give one a test drive and decide for yourself.

http://towpacusa.com/
Appreciate your comments. See a few kits that leave me wondering how good of engineering took place. Don't think i would cut my Bike for other conversions. Would sell and buy one already done..

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Getting an already converted trike is the easiest way to do it. But in my situation, I already knew what I had in my bike and knew it has many more miles to give. I found a place down in Rome Ga that put me otd at around $14k. I got a CSC Viper with 6° rake, color matched floorboards, tow hitch, fender bras, passenger comfort antiroll bar, and kept abs functionality. I was very happy with the final product. I didnt have to deal with the hassle of trying to sell mine and then find a trike and get it home. The process only took 2 days for the conversion and I got to hang out in the shop to watch the tear down and build. It was pretty cool to watch.

Only you can make the choice on whether or not getting the conversion done or buying an already built trike. Mine was only 9 years old when I had it done and just made the most sense for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts