GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Motorcycles Tourers Forum http://www.delphiforums.com/mctourer has developed a new service called the MTF Tourer's Assistant. The MTF Tourer's Assistant is a listing of motorcyclists and friends of motorcyclists who have registered to assist with travel needs in the United States and Canada. We have developed the program so as to take into consideration the privacy issues of those regisetering and have a two stage validation process.

This service is offered as a gift of the MTF to all riders. You do not have to be active in the MTF to participate although we would love for you to check out our forum.

To register go to www.mctourer.com and click on the MTF Tourer's Assistant Link.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
This is a great chance for y'all to help out folks passing through your neck of the woods.

And the MTF is a fantastic group of riding folk, from the cotton-buttiningest flower sniffers, to some serious LD folk.

Check'em out.

And as always, thanks to Alan, who has created one of the finest riding organizations around!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I would bring this back to the top. We now have over 200 registrants.

This is essesntially an electronic version of the GWRRA Gold Book except that you have control over the information that you share.

I would encourage you to register and please feel free to advertise this service to other forums. It is free and is our gift to the riding community.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Motorcycles Tourers Forum

Alan, I checked out the web page a few days ago. It looks like a great group. I even signed up . I have not received a phone call to verify my information and so far have not received any info about my password. How long doe sit take? Should I sign up again? Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rick. It should only take a couple of days. Please email me [email protected] with your name and email address and I will followup and see what is going on. It is possible that an email bounced.

For the others that are considering the MTF TA, we have a two stage validation process. First we email you and request a reply. This verifies your email address. Then we call your primary number (you do not have to share your telephone number but you do have to provide one so we can validate your account). Once you have been validated you have full access to the database.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Glad Alan brought his back to the top. It is a great program, and the ability to control what information you share should put to rest the worries of those who don't want all their info out tehre for anyone to see.

Register, and if you just want to list your email and city, then folks can still email you in advance if they want to come through your area.

And for those who haven't checked out the MTF, click the link below and cone check us out! A great bunch of folks. Good mix between LD riders and Flower Sniffers.

See y'all on the road!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Alan

Alan, Thanks! Yer ah credit to th motorcycle community. Th MTFTA is ah GREAT idea. I jest got signed up. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ron and Bob.

Time is on the side of the MTFTA. The Gold Book has always been an attractive feature of GWRRA. As you know with our program there are no fees, and since it is electronic it is easily updatable. I can see a time when we will have 1000's of riders helping other riders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts