GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got to give upssnowman a sincere thank you for helping out with my GPS. Many folks have been discussing the possibility of upgrading the 06' Wing with Nav, to the recently released version 8 of Garmins Mapsource software. I have to say that the instructions posted by upssnowman work! I did it and although it took a little time to figure it out, I made it happen thanks to him.

Garmin is claiming the "release" for this upgraded mapping software will require a new CF card with the maps pre-loaded and I was told the cost would be around 300.00. Thanks to an awesome member of this forum, I just saved some serious doh. He even took a couple phone calls from me to help me out when I'm certain he had much better things to do than listen to my confused azz.

upssnowman, your a gentleman and a scholar.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That is really good to know... I have a silly question though... what is gained with the upgrade? Do you get less unverified roads? Having had several garmins and playing their upgrade game I never could tell the difference. There is a road that exits my nieghborhood that has been blocked from making left had turns for 15 years. Up until version 7 (started with a GPS 3 plus) the map software shows the turn to still be available. I reported it for several years, but just quit when version 6 still had the same error.

Before I spend any money on a map update I was hoping you an anyone else who has done this can tell me if the benifit is worth the cost.

Willy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts