GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to charge more than one battery to a single battery maintainer at the same time? I would like to charge my motorcycle battery and my lawn tractor battery using a battery maintainer for the winter. Would the maintainer keep both batteries at their peaks?
Yellow Tricar

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Yellow,

That is not recommended, as the battery mender has circuitry that senses when the battery needs a trickle and when it should go in float mode.

I do know that Battery Tender makes a multple batter tender, but they are a bit pricey.

Get yourself a couple of Battery tender Jr's or Plus'. They are cheap to run and cheap to buy.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I switch my battery tender from the bike to the tractor, one week it's on the bike, the next the tractor. They are parked next to each other in my garage, so in my case it only takes 2 or 3 minutes to change them.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Nope

I'm with John. I switch mine from the Wing to the Valk every couple of weeks. Works fine and no problem. I have the cord with the alligate clips on the Wing and the one that screws to the battery on the Valk, thus very easy to just plug in the tender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts