GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
You may want to tell your tire installer the Yellow dot on tire marks the lightest spot on the tire and the tire should be mounted with it right over the "heaviest spot" on the wheel, the stem.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Cruseman, You're much better at this video stuff than I, but the installer works great! I'll have to work on video....

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was going to try them beads when i had my tire installed, but kept hearing negative and positive things about them, so i decided on the regular weights , anyone else have positive things to say about them. thanks.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I was going to try them beads when i had my tire installed, but kept hearing negative and positive things about them, so i decided on the regular weights , anyone else have positive things to say about them. thanks.
I have been using them since 06 and love them, the fact that I get continuously balanced tires and no need for ugly weights on the wheels sold me.

Never had a single problem with them. :shrug:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
You may want to tell your tire installer the Yellow dot on tire marks the lightest spot on the tire and the tire should be mounted with it right over the "heaviest spot" on the wheel, the stem.
I have always kind of wondered about that.
With the exception of wheels with TPMS sensors and aftermarket metal stems, is the OEM rubber valve stem really heavier than the metal that was removed to make the hole for it?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the home made installer! Much better than spending $189 on their Dyna Jet, and uses the same principle. Well done! I may have to give this a try.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I have always kind of wondered about that.
With the exception of wheels with TPMS sensors and aftermarket metal stems, is the OEM rubber valve stem really heavier than the metal that was removed to make the hole for it?
Maybe not, but that wasn't the case on the video, the wheel had TPMS sensors.

And in most cases one of the first things people do is change the light weight plastic cap on the stock rubber stem for a metal one, and also on the first tire change usually replace the rubber stem with the metal one with a metal cap also.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Nothing against Dyna Beads, I've used them, prefer Ride On.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Ride on web site says, "yes" it's possible, jus sayin', I'm not the technical police. Dispute it if you wish, I have no dog in the hunt.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Can you not use Dyna Beads with TPMS wheels? I have an '06, no TPMS, but my next trike may have them.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you not use Dyna Beads with TPMS wheels? I have an '06, no TPMS, but my next trike may have them.
You CAN use DynaBeads with TPMS, but you should not install them through the valve stem. They recommend the manual install method when you change tires (dump the beads into the tire before you mount them, or break the bead and dump them in).

I would be VERY hesitant to put any liquid or gel into a tire with TPMS.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You CAN use DynaBeads with TPMS, but you should not install them through the valve stem. They recommend the manual install method when you change tires (dump the beads into the tire before you mount them, or break the bead and dump them in).

I've added dyna beads to 8 tires with oem TPMS on my 2010 using a 20" cleartube with 90 degree stems @ 6 oclock position and using my rubber tips air gun and never ever had an issue!! Also have reused recovered beads after new tires were mounted and still no issues.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Thank you "cruise".........Going to try the beads, You made it look easy to install..........I have the 90* tire valves on my wing... Will the air hose still work with a 90* instead of straight air valves??

Ronnie
(captron)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.