GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to go for a music player?, a bike mp3 player mounted to replace the CD changer, or an I pod in the left pocket with 12 volt power adapter? Which is easiest to program, operate? I'm looking for reasonable price and ease of use. Thanks.

·
Registered
679 Posts
So, if you have the ipod in the left pocket, how are you going to change songs, raise/lower volume, etc? Get a MP3 player and use the handlebar factory controls to operate it.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
BikeMP3

·
Registered
361 Posts
Soundgate mounted in the trunk with my ipod/iphone works with the handlebar controls

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Canuck
2,845 Posts
MP3 player in the GPS works for me.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
GPS claims they play MP3 but I never see what the capacity is. I have near 8000 songs on an Ipod and 3 old Sony HD5 players. I use them to the aux cable. I seriously doubt GPS players have much capacity. I go 10 weeks listening to music 9 or more hours a day to go through 8000 songs.

·
Canuck
2,845 Posts
GPS claims they play MP3 but I never see what the capacity is. I have near 8000 songs on an Ipod and 3 old Sony HD5 players. I use them to the aux cable. I seriously doubt GPS players have much capacity. I go 10 weeks listening to music 9 or more hours a day to go through 8000 songs.
I had (past-tense) an 8GB mini-SD card in my Zumo GPS with about 1,860 songs on it. I just upgraded to a 32GB card, which works fine. I assume with a card 4x the size I can download 4x as much music, so it would hold close to 8,000 songs. I'm not all that knowledgeable about MP3 and iPod and Bike MP3 and so on, but it sure is simple to have the MP3 as part of the GPS and run everything through the AUX. If you're going to invest $$$ in a GPS, getting one with MP3 is the way to go for me.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Android phone with Google music, maps, as well as the actual phone bit mounted to the handlebars. Bluetooth (A2DB) in the helmet.
I have run power to the mount and could extend the Auxiliary cable there as well, but with Bluetooth haven't yet had the need.

Jason

Attachments

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
So, if you have the ipod in the left pocket, how are you going to change songs, raise/lower volume, etc? Get a MP3 player and use the handlebar factory controls to operate it.
An iPod remote control. Works great but you have to keep that iPod vibration free.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Android phone with Google music, maps, as well as the actual phone bit mounted to the handlebars. Bluetooth (A2DB) in the helmet.
I have run power to the mount and could extend the Auxiliary cable there as well, but with Bluetooth haven't yet had the need.

Jason
Jason,
How does the case you have on your Android work? I tried the Ram Mount Aqua Box and it did not work with the Atrix touch screen.
Paul

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Get a smart phone

I have a NUVI 760 which I can put my music on via a SD Card, or use an old iPod, but opted to use my Motorola Atrix (Android). My setup is GL2WAY for the CB and have the GPS to MIC option installed. I have the GPS audio out and mic in through the GL2WAY, and my phone bluetooth connected to the GPS. My phone has the audio out hooked up to the Aux. With this configuration I can make/take calls through my GPS which I like cause it has the larger buttons. I also like the GPS better for maps as they are easier to see. And I have AT&T, so I have to assume I will not have a signal more often than I do. I can use my phone for music and podcasts when cell and/or AM/FM reception is poor. So answered more than the music question, but I do think the smartphone is the way to go. Of course that assumes you are also willing to pay the much larger $$ for the data fees...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Bike MP3!!!! Only way to go!! Easy to install, easy to set-up, and soooo easy to operate while enjoying a great ride on the Wing!!

+2 or 3....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts