GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I serviced the rear shock and changed my brake fluid. I reinstalled the right saddle bag, hooked up the release cable and plugged in the two connectors. Now the damn door will not open back up, the rear latch is releasing (will pull open with a little force) but the front latch is stuck. I tried the plunger located under trunk--no help. Any ideas on how to get the door open?

Thanks,

Billy

·
Registered
758 Posts
Latched bag door

I had something similar happen to me on my 2007 before I got the latch release rod adjusted correctly.
I laid on the ground and took the 4 hinge screw out at the bottom of the bag lid and got in that way.
Made the rod adjustments and never a problem again.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
How long did it take for you to remove and reinstall your saddlebag ?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I am going to service the shock soon, and planned to move the bag back without disconnecting the cables or wires.

Is this possible?

·
Vendor
22,239 Posts
I am going to service the shock soon, and planned to move the bag back without disconnecting the cables or wires.

Is this possible?
Yes, but you will need something to help balance it on to hold it up while you work. It will sort of balance on the muffler but you would be wise to put something else under it to hold it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had something similar happen to me on my 2007 before I got the latch release rod adjusted correctly.
I laid on the ground and took the 4 hinge screw out at the bottom of the bag lid and got in that way.
Made the rod adjustments and never a problem again.
Never thought of the hinges. Thanks for all of the suggestions, I was about ready to break the door.

n9frp said:
How long did it take for you to remove and reinstall your saddlebag ?
About thirty minutes each way, the hardest part is removing all the trunk trim to be able to slide it out.

Thanks again for all the help.

Billy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts