1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Vendor
16,014 Posts
Are you able to remove the back rest from the bike ???

If not, open the trunk lid and you will see 2 screws with washers under them towards the lower part of the lid. Remove the screws and washers. Close the lid, then lift outward on the bottom and upward on the backrest.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you able to remove the back rest from the bike ???

If not, open the trunk lid and you will see 2 screws with washers under them towards the lower part of the lid. Remove the screws and washers. Close the lid, then lift outward on the bottom and upward on the backrest.
Thank Greg. I’ll give that a try. I appreciate the help.

·
Chard Member
12,685 Posts
Place the backrest and cover in the sun. That makes them more flexible.

Just noticed you’re in Canada. Might have to wait until July for the sun thing....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Place the backrest and cover in the sun. That makes them more flexible.

Just noticed you’re in Canada. Might have to wait until July for the sun thing....
That‘s not even funny Red (just kidding). Because we just got home after spending 5 months in Florida.
It’s freakin cold here although I got in a 90 minute ride today. It was 42F so not bad at all.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the cover was easy to install. Went for a 2 hour ride and my wife says that she really prefers her sitting position. The backrest cover looks just like the stock backrest and she’s not leaning back so far which puts less pressure on her tailbone.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you also have the mustang seat ?
How do you like it ? Does it provide more thigh support than the stock seat ?
No Dan. We just have the stock seat. I’m a candy ass but the stock seat on the wing works for both my wife and I.
On other bikes I’ve had Mustang seats and Ultimate seats. I found the Mustang seats very good but I still got numb bum. With the Ultimate seats I could ride all day with no discomfort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts