GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to make the Mute button actually cut the sound to zero?

The mute button cuts the volume roughly in half.
I've pressed the button on occasion and then forgot to reset it.
I've also pressed the button by accident.
I'm sure this is pretty common.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Don't know. My mute button always sticks in when I use it. It takes about 20 or 30 pushes to get it back out. So I don't use it anymore. :cry:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
CBX,

Have you purchased Fred's 2 updated CDs? In one of them he goes into how to unstuck and clean the 3 push buttons switches that we have on our Wing, ie: "mute" button, which has the same mechanism as the "4 way flasher", and the "cruise control" button. A bit tedious, but very effective and inexpensive. I highly recommend them.

Mike

·
Registered
488 Posts
Italian Stallion said:
CBX,

Have you purchased Fred's 2 updated CDs? In one of them he goes into how to unstuck and clean the 3 push buttons switches that we have on our Wing, ie: "mute" button, which has the same mechanism as the "4 way flasher", and the "cruise control" button. A bit tedious, but very effective and inexpensive. I highly recommend them.

Mike
Mike,

I do have those DVDs, but haven't viewed them yet. I'll watch them and see how much trouble the fix is. I've been using the volume control to mute. Thx for the info.

Mark

·
Vendor
22,067 Posts
CBX said:
Mike,

I do have those DVDs, but haven't viewed them yet. I'll watch them and see how much trouble the fix is. I've been using the volume control to mute. Thx for the info.

Mark
Just to be clear, the stuck button fix I filmed is not on the original disc set, but is on my new 2 disc update I just released before the Holidays.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the mute setting is variable. My bike is in pieces or I would find out how to change the setting for you . I think its in where the AMB and AVC settings are.

Rick

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
what?

You mean I have an old version of Fred's video...Fred, how about an upgrade program kid...original customer deserve it and as you know, I also use your CDs for bedtime with the the mami!

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
10-4 Fred

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Sorry, but the only Mute that can be adjusted is the Intercom Mute.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts