GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to order the Muth Mirrors for the added safety of the turn signal LED arrows built in the mirror.

I always try to avoid riding at night (it only happens if there was an unplanned situation causing a delay in the days trip).

My question is Blue or not. If the blue mainly helps for glare at night I think I would rather have the non-blue tinted mirrors.

Any opinions regarding blue or non-blue?

Thanks,

ki-speed (Mark)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought the blue mirrors and regret it. It makes it hard to see in the daytime, but it does seem to help with glare at night,

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Muth mirrors

I'm going to order the Muth Mirrors for the added safety of the turn signal LED arrows built in the mirror.

I always try to avoid riding at night (it only happens if there was an unplanned situation causing a delay in the days trip).

My question is Blue or not. If the blue mainly helps for glare at night I think I would rather have the non-blue tinted mirrors.

Any opinions regarding blue or non-blue?

Thanks,

ki-speed (Mark

Mark,

Just FYI, I installed the chrome Muth mirrors last week with amber lights. Just wanted you to know you can get amber if you want, same price as red. I never considered the blue. No big reason why, guess I just wanted to change the look of the bike as little as possible. Anyway, very happy with the chrome/amber. Installation is a piece 'o cake. Maybe 30 minutes in all, and I could do it again in half that time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I bought the clear one and don't find it that bad at night. My cage has on the windsheild one of those that autodim or autotint and it works great but the outside mirrors are clear and that is just fine, so since these mirror are on the side you should like the clear ones.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I got the blue tint because they really help with the glare sun from the shine here in Arizona and with night lights.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have the blue mirrors and I'm very pleased with them. I think they significantly reduce glare day and night.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I have the blue...helps with sun glare in the day and headlight glare at night

THey work just fine and dandy

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Muth

+1 on the Blue Muth's

·
Registered
286 Posts
Go blue. They work great! And if you do get caught out after dark, they sure do help to keep the glare out of your eyes.:doorag:

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
I have Muth blue and likey

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
BLUE!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Blue Muths on a blue bike.:thumbup:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the Blue. I have not had any issues with them at all. I like them very much. Glad that i did get them.

M

·
0 Posts
Blue is the only way to go. I would not ever go back to plain mirrors again after having these. The Blue is not that dark, But it makes it great.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the blue and I've found no down side to having the tint. I had the same concerns at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I asked the same question about three months ago. Get the blue.
Darts

1 - 20 of 34 Posts