GL1800Riders Forums banner

Muth Mirror ? Blue or Not

2K views 33 replies 33 participants last post by  Woody 
#1 ·
I'm going to order the Muth Mirrors for the added safety of the turn signal LED arrows built in the mirror.

I always try to avoid riding at night (it only happens if there was an unplanned situation causing a delay in the days trip).

My question is Blue or not. If the blue mainly helps for glare at night I think I would rather have the non-blue tinted mirrors.

Any opinions regarding blue or non-blue?

Thanks,

ki-speed (Mark)

#5 ·
Muth mirrors

I'm going to order the Muth Mirrors for the added safety of the turn signal LED arrows built in the mirror.

I always try to avoid riding at night (it only happens if there was an unplanned situation causing a delay in the days trip).

My question is Blue or not. If the blue mainly helps for glare at night I think I would rather have the non-blue tinted mirrors.

Any opinions regarding blue or non-blue?

Thanks,

ki-speed (Mark

Mark,

Just FYI, I installed the chrome Muth mirrors last week with amber lights. Just wanted you to know you can get amber if you want, same price as red. I never considered the blue. No big reason why, guess I just wanted to change the look of the bike as little as possible. Anyway, very happy with the chrome/amber. Installation is a piece 'o cake. Maybe 30 minutes in all, and I could do it again in half that time.

#6 ·
I bought the clear one and don't find it that bad at night. My cage has on the windsheild one of those that autodim or autotint and it works great but the outside mirrors are clear and that is just fine, so since these mirror are on the side you should like the clear ones.

#7 ·
I got the blue tint because they really help with the glare sun from the shine here in Arizona and with night lights.

#13 ·
Go blue. They work great! And if you do get caught out after dark, they sure do help to keep the glare out of your eyes.:doorag:

#20 ·
I asked the same question about three months ago. Get the blue.
Darts

#21 ·
I had the same concerns as you before I bought the blue Muth mirrors for my '09 Wing. When I researched this, I found that (almost) everyone who had them loved them. Now I love mine. The blue is barely noticable, and the clarity is great. Go blue.

#23 ·
I opted for the blue for the '02, and I was very happy with them - day and night.
Muth's will be my next purchase for the '09 and I will be going for the blue again.

#24 ·
just bought them, i havent even installed them yet and am a bit concerned how to as i do not know what an adjustable wrench is when coming to mechanics. i too have bought the blue tint mirror. i just thought it would look nice with the smokey gray baker wings and titanium color bike :agree:

#25 ·
I got the blue - never had an issue seeing anything in the daytime either.

:yes1: BLUE :yes1:

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.