GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed Muth mirrors to my 2010(I had them on my 05 also) Takes 10 minutes-plug n play(with harness connector) Great safety item though internal guts are not as heavy duty as oem mirror

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That sure would look nice with chrome trim around the mirror! :twisted:

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take out one screw on the bottom of the mirror carefully remove oem mirror. Pull back rubber on mirror outside housing. Pull out the only wires there-disconnect. Add harness. Reassemble. Do other side. 10 minutes later---ride

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just installed Muth mirrors to my 2010(I had them on my 05 also) Takes 10 minutes-plug n play(with harness connector) Great safety item though internal guts are not as heavy duty as oem mirror
Muth mirrors are a great safety feature, and they look good as well ! I installed mine about 2 years ago. Easy to install.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What color?

not trying to hijack the thread, but this seemed like an appropriate place to ask.....

So what color (blue or clear) did you get and if owners of both colors would chime in on this, I'd appreciate any input. Trying to decide on which one to get.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have had mine since 2006. I have the blue tint and like it. No evidence, but seems to have less glare at night. Muth mirrors are very visible when they are flashing. I have had several friends over the years that have been behind me comment on how bright they are.

Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I have had mine since 2006. I have the blue tint and like it. No evidence, but seems to have less glare at night. Muth mirrors are very visible when they are flashing. I have had several friends over the years that have been behind me comment on how bright they are.

Joe in Modesto
I've got the blue as well. It's supposed to reduce glare, and I've never had a problem with glare(so it must be working). The muth mirrors are designed so that the lights are aimed to be very visible from the sides. Standing beside the bike they are MUCH more visible than they appear to the rider.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
I love my Muth mirrors. I agree they are a great safety feature and are simple to install. I went with the normal Chrome ones instead of the blue.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Are they slightly convex??????

my OEM mirrors are flat and I would prefer a slightly convex set of mirrors.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 05 had light blue tint with amber lights
My 10 has clear glass with red turn lights

·
Registered
458 Posts
Installed the Muth mirrors last year on my 06, love them. Only thing I see different than stock is they have a little more vibration. Have them on my pickup too. I figure the more visible I am the better...:thumbup:

GO MUTH...yeaaa.

·
Canuck
2,848 Posts
nope. flat.
I don't think so. Check the traffic right beside you. Pretty sure they're convex. Their website says "They both use “flat” glass. Convex glass is available as a special order for the Oval Cruiser mirrors only." But I know I went through this when I got mine, and ended up convinced they are convex. If fact, I no longer have the small convex stick-on mirrors on my side view mirrors anymore. (Edit - I just called Muth. They confirm that the GL1800 Muth mirrors are indeed convex.)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't think so. Check the traffic right beside you. Pretty sure they're convex. Their website says "They both use “flat” glass. Convex glass is available as a special order for the Oval Cruiser mirrors only." But I know I went through this when I got mine, and ended up convinced they are convex. If fact, I no longer have the small convex stick-on mirrors on my side view mirrors anymore. (Edit - I just called Muth. They confirm that the GL1800 Muth mirrors are indeed convex.)

I just chatted with them too. They are going to send me some anti-vibration tabs and foam for mine. Very nice folks.:thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

You bike is RED,why make a thread with a generic picture off the net??.
Things a little slow for you today.or did ya sell the camera to pay for a CAR TIRE for that red bike.:shrug:

I knew you'd fold and get a Baddassed Motorcycle Tire=BTM.:congrats:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Installed the Muth mirrors last year on my 06, love them. Only thing I see different than stock is they have a little more vibration. Have them on my pickup too. I figure the more visible I am the better...:thumbup:

GO MUTH...yeaaa.
I just chatted with them too. They are going to send me some anti-vibration tabs and foam for mine. Very nice folks.:thumbup:
I'm not sure why your Muth mirrors vibrate because mine do not. Maybe they aren't seated properly. I had them on my '03 and now my '10 and neither set vibrated.

Anyway, it's good that Muth will send you something to correct the problem.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You bike is RED,why make a thread with a generic picture off the net??.
Things a little slow for you today.or did ya sell the camera to pay for a CAR TIRE for that red bike.:shrug:

I knew you'd fold and get a Baddassed Motorcycle Tire=BTM.:congrats:
Actually I rode a Valkerie with a Kumo Car tire today. I noticed two things-1)you had to push harder in the turns and 2) on gravel it seemed more unstable-this surprised me because this is where I thought the CT would shine

Too lazy to take a picture with the camera or afraid all the chrome will blind the lens

1 - 20 of 21 Posts