GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My name is Matthew Miller. I live in Ct and hold the position of Chapter Vice President in Americas Guardians. I just purchased a 2005 GL1800. I am picking it up in March or April so I do not need to store it for the winter. The bike is Silver with 22,000 miles on it. Previously I have been riding a 2001 BMW R1100RL, a truly beautiful bike. I have always heard wings are the king of the road so, I finally found a good deal and purchased it. Actually my first bike was a 1975 Honda CX500 Deluxe. I road that bike up and down the east coast a few times, but that was a hole lot of years ago. Last Summer was so bad for weather, I did not ride as much as I wanted. Hopefully this year will be better. Perhaps I will see some of you on the road. Thanks for helping with questions that I have not asked yet, but I am sure that I will.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hey, Matthew
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Congrats on the new Wing, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Congrats ! 2005 wing with only 22,000 miles most do that in a year ! Great find enjoy !

Reactions: LEBoyd

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Welcome to the forum. In 2006 I got a use BMW R1100RT. A truly fun bike to ride. I put about 40,000 miles on it before I sold it.

My wife use to call it the "Gazelle" and she called my 2003 Valkyrie the "Clydesdale". She does not have a name for the 2015 wing. :)

Enjoy the ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hey everyone. My name is Matthew Miller. I live in Ct and hold the position of Chapter Vice President in Americas Guardians. I just purchased a 2005 GL1800. I am picking it up in March or April so I do not need to store it for the winter. The bike is Silver with 22,000 miles on it. Previously I have been riding a 2001 BMW R1100RL, a truly beautiful bike. I have always heard wings are the king of the road so, I finally found a good deal and purchased it. Actually my first bike was a 1975 Honda CX500 Deluxe. I road that bike up and down the east coast a few times, but that was a hole lot of years ago. Last Summer was so bad for weather, I did not ride as much as I wanted. Hopefully this year will be better. Perhaps I will see some of you on the road. Thanks for helping with questions that I have not asked yet, but I am sure that I will.:grin2:
Welcome,

Cha Ryut! Si Jack! Been a while.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi and welcome!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hello and welcome!!! Lots of great information here. Enjoy your Goldwing!!!

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Where in Ct. do you live? I live in Springfield, Massachusetts
We do ride through Ct. quite often, if your in our area, it would be cool to meet up with you at some point if possible... Some of my best riding friends are ones that we have met on the road, and through this board, These are folks that we would never in a million years, if it wasn't for computers, and this GL 1800 forum...

Ronnie

Reactions: jlbc212

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Welcome, Congrats, Ride Safe and Enjoy.
Glad to have you with us.
Lots of helpful information about Goldwings available on this forum.
All you gotta do is ask.
Don't hesitate, we'll be kind, you're now one of us.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Howdy and another welcome from Texas. If you ever get tired of the cold and no riding for 6 months or so, come down this way for a change!!! We can ride 12 months with no problems and often do!!!

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Welcome from SoCal

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new to you Wing. I have a 2005 as well that I bought in 2011 with 16k on the clock. Has 61k now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I dont think I could buy and wait months before I picked it up. I would be wanting to pick it up and go over the bike and check everything ( read every nut,bolt and fitting ) and give it a Super Birthday Service so I know its good to go when I wished to ride it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts