GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Pirelli P1 mounted yesterday! (Also a new Stone on the Front) Got a chance to give it a little ride today (about 80 miles)! I was a little nervous, but couldn’t really tell there wasn’t a motorcycle tire on! It was really stable and smooth. A couple of tight u-turns ... no issue, uneven loose gravel no issue!

What’s all this Wonky business? Really Stable from the Get Go!

Can’t wait to try on some twisters... if only I lived in Arkansas or Tennessee or Black Hills or ...

Thank You Rail for the install and great conversation!

·
Administrator
31,965 Posts
It was my pleasure ! You are one of a select few that witnessed me mounting and dismounting tires with only spoons. Enjoy the Darkside and please report milage when it's wore out .

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
P1 with a 709 on the front, that's a winner. See, darkside, resistance is futile. >:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm with ya h8ster! I'm new to the darkside and I have 100 miles on my Pirelli SC RF with a 709 up front. This is a great combination and I can't even tell its a car tire. So far so good, time will tell if I stay on the dark side or not.

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
YOUR STILL GONNA CRASH N BURN ! IT'S "PROVEN" YA CANT RUN A CAR TIRE ON A MOTORCYCLE ! SOME JUST DONT GET IT . KEEP US POSTED ON "YOUR " RESULTS !:wink2:

·
Administrator
31,965 Posts
What specific size Pirelli P1 did you mountt and if you bought it online what is the best price?
195/55/16 and I believe it was a SAMs Club purchase . Easy mounting if ya know what your doing .

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I have been running a P1 for 20k now and just measured the tread. I have 5/32 across the tire and I run 30psi according to the Garmin TPMS. I do bump it up a little if I am going to be in the twisties for a while. Best CT I have ever run. No wonky and the profile is still just as round as when I installed it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What specific size Pirelli P1 did you mountt and if you bought it online what is the best price?
195/55/16 and I believe it was a SAMs Club purchase . Easy mounting if ya know what your doing .

It was purchased at Sams Club Online and PU at my local Sams! I had a 150.00 gift card which is why Sams! I could have saved a few dollars and ordered elsewhere online!

195/55/16

“Easy mounting if ya know what your doing” or If Rail lives near by! :grin2:

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
I had a Pirelli P1 mounted yesterday! (Also a new Stone on the Front) Got a chance to give it a little ride today (about 80 miles)! I was a little nervous, but couldn’t really tell there wasn’t a motorcycle tire on! It was really stable and smooth. A couple of tight u-turns ... no issue, uneven loose gravel no issue!

What’s all this Wonky business? Really Stable from the Get Go!

Can’t wait to try on some twisters... if only I lived in Arkansas or Tennessee or Black Hills or ...

Thank You Rail for the install and great conversation!

Is it the run flat? :smile2:
What about this one?
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Run+Flat&partnum=955VR6CP7ASRFT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
thanks guys. Just to clarify, we are talking about the cinturato?

dont think thats what there talking about ! ???? P1 /p2 snow control thought what they were using ! Ck before you spend the money good luck

·
Registered
1,282 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
That's the Pirelli P7. I don't believe I've ever seen or heard of anyone running it. The P1 and the Snow Control have always been the Darkside leaders from Pirelli as far as I know. It looks like a decent tire, just no experience with it.
My report on the P7 from a few years ago:

LINKY

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thanks for the link, that's some good info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts