GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Gl1800 Goldwing - Pearl White with Accessories - Pics

Just thought I would share some pics of my bike with it almost done up the way I want it :)

2012 GL1800 Goldwing - Pearl White

Painted engine cover silver.
Painted all other black covers pearl white.

Accessories :

Kuryakyn KU6183 Iso Grips for heated grips.
Kuryakyn KU6299 Contoured Throttle Boss
Kuryakyn KU4038 Floorboards with heel/toe shifter
Kuryakyn KU4066 Heel Shifter Extension
Rivco PEGSW Highway Pegs
Rivco HD005 Highway Peg Mounts
Utopia Backrest
Rivco RIGL18094 Passenger Armrest
Clear Alternative Clear Front Turn Signal Covers
Show Chrome 52-776 Clear Trunk Lights

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Looks real nice! :congrats:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great choice of updates!! I also like the taillight update...looks much better than stock. :congrats:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys :)

I'm debating painting all the black parts (especially the back) silver to match the silver on the sides.

Opinions ?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'd say yes to painting the black panel on the back of the bike to match the white or silver for a true two tone and painting the black engine cover silver. Painting the black on the saddlebags and side cover trim silver would also look nice.:yes1:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So paint the back Pearl White.

Then paint the sides Silver.

Hmmm that might look real nice.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

:agree:
When I was at a job interview at a Honda dealer I was thinking of ways to customize the new Goldwing and color matching the back panel would be the first step. Painting the black engine cover silver was next. To carry the silver through to be trim on the saddlebags and side cover.
The bike is nice looking, but Honda should have gone with silver instead of black (Just my opinion) and the silver would look nice on any color Wing.
In the openings on the windshield garnish LED turn signals.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
NICE:thumbup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's a great looking ride. It looks nice in white and I don't mind the black parts on it. It sets it apart from models of earlier years.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I personally don't care much for the three tone colours on the 2012's, so I would also paint out the black areas and maybe the grey too! JMHO!
Oh, BTW, you do own the fastest colour....as if you didn't already know that! :thumbup:

·
Registered
624 Posts

:agree:with the color combo above. The Rivco accessories look great and their quality is :1st:.

Ride Safe and God Bless.

·
Registered
267 Posts
SWEET! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Wonderful bike. I didn't think I would like the white ones, but in person, they look warm and rich.

How do you like the highway pegs?

Do the floor boards cut into your lean angle much?

Great bike. :thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Thanks guys :)

I'm debating painting all the black parts (especially the back) silver to match the silver on the sides.

Opinions ?

Nice looking bike you got there,I think the new trunk lights tie in with the bottom lights better now.:thumbup:
Another member used the 06-10 trunk lights that look very good too.

Here is a link to my make over I did in Jan 2010 courtesy of the USPS.:thumbup:

You can see other areas where the Billet Silver blends in with the Pearl White I painted the bike with to give you ideas to think about.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240490

I have said from day one that all the black plastic panels should of been painted the cowl Silver to be a true two tone bike.

Maybe someone at Honda saw my thread and took an idea from it for the 2012's..LOL :shrug:

There is another member "Clev" who is having all his black plastic done the same Silver right now.Can't wait to see how his Red 2012 comes out.His will stand out real nice.:thumbup:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Congratulations. Your new 2012 looks great.

I agree with your thoughts about repainting the black trim. If I had waited a short time for a 2012 I would be doing the same. The color split at a drooping angle is the only thing on the 2012 I don't care much for.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts