GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well worked all day yesterday with one of my body shops.

See if you can tell what we did :)

Before :

After :

Before :

After :

We started at 11:00. I pulled off all the parts. Took about an hour to disassemble. Then we cleaned them and taped the backsides off. About 1/2 hour. Primed them, and then shot them with paint. Clear coat and then baked them. Done at 6:00 reinstalling them.

I am undecided just on if I like it, love it or ....... meh.

I am going to get the saddlebags pinstriped and see if it grows on me.

Thoughts, opinions, questions ?

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
The back end looks especially good. The sides will look a lot better with pinstripe. Overall a better look than stock. :yes1:

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Wow, thats a lot of white! Looks great!

·
Registered
863 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it both ways
I've heard that about you. :joke:

Just joking.

Yea I liked some of the black but I like it two-toned.

I think the black or silver pin striping will spruce it up. :)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
WOW. That really looks DAYUM GOOD. BUT I would have also done the lower front cowl and the lower exhaust covers while I was doing it? It does look good.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It looks great! :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Looks great. I consider your personalization a big improvement over the original paint scheme.

If I owned a '12 I would do exactly what you have done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sides look GOOD ('cept you forgot to get rid of the ridic BMW-style side fairing emblem!!)...and no matter what anyone does....Honda done messed up the back side! Your mods are MUCH better than stock!

Sorry... just an opinion and we ALL know what that is worth! :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I really like your paint scheme, but I would have considered doing the lower fairing also. At any rate it looks great to me and I think a classy pin stripe will set it off. I have only seen one white 2012 and I didn't like all the multi colors either.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
100% better :thumbup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I like it...NO, I LOVE IT! :congrats:

It makes the back end SOOO much more appealing than before. I am sure others will copy now that you have shown what a difference it makes to the look. You did good!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I like your improved version better than Honda's. Good Job! I woundn't mind having a 2012 if they came from the factory looking that good.

:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts