GL1800Riders Forums banner

My 2012 ---- Spot the changes

4K views 47 replies 41 participants last post by  ReRide 
#1 ·
Well worked all day yesterday with one of my body shops.

See if you can tell what we did :)

Before :

After :

Before :

After :

We started at 11:00. I pulled off all the parts. Took about an hour to disassemble. Then we cleaned them and taped the backsides off. About 1/2 hour. Primed them, and then shot them with paint. Clear coat and then baked them. Done at 6:00 reinstalling them.

I am undecided just on if I like it, love it or ....... meh.

I am going to get the saddlebags pinstriped and see if it grows on me.

Thoughts, opinions, questions ?

See less See more
#11 ·
WOW. That really looks DAYUM GOOD. BUT I would have also done the lower front cowl and the lower exhaust covers while I was doing it? It does look good.

#12 ·
It looks great! :thumbup:

#19 ·
I like it...NO, I LOVE IT! :congrats:

It makes the back end SOOO much more appealing than before. I am sure others will copy now that you have shown what a difference it makes to the look. You did good!:thumbup:

#22 ·
As good as that may look, I'm still waiting for someone to color match the grilles and lower cowl along with what you did. A mono look. Think the red 2012 screams for that!! Yours does look good:thumbup:

#26 ·
Good job, I really like the back end. My 2012 is black and silver and it really needs some kind of accent on the saddle bags. I don't like the Chrome pcs that are available. I was thinking of putting a silver strip just above the lower black plastic and continuing it on around the back of the bags. Anyway I like what you done. I just don't have the balls to do that to a new motorcycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.